Snails, snails everywhere.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucy_226

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there, so I planted my tank about a week ago and I was busy so I didn't pay attention to my tank.. Recently I found some snails in my tank.. I'm having a 10g tank with 5 guppies only. I tried the lecture leaf method but it seems like not working very well.. So I'm actually looking for snail eater fish for my 10g tank.. Any suggestion?

Assassin snail will eat the unwanted snails

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 on the assassin snails. However, i dont mind the snails. They are beneficial for the tank and can be kept in control with proper feeding.

Hey guys, thanks for your suggestion. However is there any other fish snail eater? because don't wish to have any snail in my tank.. I have thought of clown loach but 10g is too small for them right?

Well if you smash them in the tank the guppies will eat them. Just got back from a local livebearer breeder and he basically said I'm wasting a free food source for the fish but throwing them out or using an assassin snail

Well if you smash them in the tank the guppies will eat them. Just got back from a local livebearer breeder and he basically said I'm wasting a free food source for the fish but throwing them out or using an assassin snail

Really?? Well I wanna smash them against the glass but I scare my glass will break. Lol

Jusy push on them until they pop. Its not like you are punching the glass to kill them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Jusy push on them until they pop. Its not like you are punching the glass to kill them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is just what he said to do. Or you can crush them between your fingers. The smaller they are the easier they crush.

Okay. Just did what you guys said. I crushed them when i see them. Hopefully they won't be any more snails after sometimes. By the way thanks!

You may get a second wave of them if the first group laid eggs (which is likely). You may not see any for a few weeks due to hatching time and the small size of the babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could also possibly sell them as feeders snails for puffers, loaches, and other aquatic pets.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

.nhjhhhhhhhhds???????????????????

Lol seriously?? What should I do? I don't want any snails in my tank at all.. :(

You could also possibly sell them as feeders snails for puffers, loaches, and other aquatic pets.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

.nhjhhhhhhhhds???????????????????

I just don't wanna have any contact with snails at all.. I'm snail phobia..lol

Best way is manually remove them, then wait for the babies to show like Fresh2o said. You can make a snail trap too. YouTube has so good ideas.

I just don't wanna have any contact with snails at all.. I'm snail phobia..lol

That's understandable. Those with severe shellfish allergies can experience medical issues if they come in contact with snails.
There are chemical routes you can take but I am not familiar with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Side note don't mind my signature lol. My toddler son was messing with my profile when I left the iPad unattended.

It's okay haha.. Chemical is my last option.. I will look into snail trap.. Thanks everyone for helping. :)))

Back
Top Bottom