TarHeel's First Journal - 29G Planted Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good! Is that Brazilian Pennywort in the front by the HC? If so, good luck having it carpet =P Mine always grew vertically even if I did plant it the way you have it. Hydrocotyle sibthorpiodes or Hydrocotyle "Japan" do a much better carpeting job IME.

Well the new test kits came today! Phosphates are right where I want them between 1 and 2ppm, and surprisingly my water is 2 dkH and 53.7 ppm GH - perfect for my rummys and future cardinals!

Tar, your tank looks great! Your rockwork is beautiful, unigue, awesome. Way to go!
Staying tuned in. Yeah I think every fish store requires their fish to have Ich. LOL OS.

Tar, your tank looks great! Your rockwork is beautiful, unigue, awesome. Way to go!
Staying tuned in. Yeah I think every fish store requires their fish to have Ich. LOL OS.
That's why I'm making sure to quarantine these new guys...the rummys were the first in so they didn't get quarantined, and i'm guessing they had it the whole time but only showed symptoms when I added the apistos and they got stressed.

I have some knockoff lily pipes coming in the next few days, and doing some trimming and rearranging of the scape tomorrow, so I'll get some updated photos up once that happens. The wallichii and l. repens are already at the surface, turning into a little jungle!

Yay for killed ich! Were there any casualties? My ich knocked out my entire school of emperor tetras :(

Cardinals are cool! I've heard they can be hard to acclimate, but once they're acclimated they're usually easier to care for.

Yay for killed ich! Were there any casualties? My ich knocked out my entire school of emperor tetras :(

Cardinals are cool! I've heard they can be hard to acclimate, but once they're acclimated they're usually easier to care for.
No casualties from the ich! As far as I could tell, the rummy's didn't even know they had it. They hid a little more often, but still ate normally and everything, and the apistos never showed any spots.

From what I've heard cardinals are very similar to rummynose in their fragility. Out of the 7 I got (it was all the LFS had), I've lost one so far. One other is spending a lot of time alone near the surface so not sure if it will make it or not, but the other 5 look great.

Well just did a major trimming! Cleaned out the telanthera, and trimmed the l. Repens, diandra and wallichii for my RAOK, trimmed and replanted the cabomba furcata and then used some wallichii clippings to start filling out where the cabomba was.

RAOK Prize:
image-1613500431.jpg

New scape

image-3166729673.jpg

image-531116447.jpg

image-4276462950.jpg

image-2164918409.jpg

image-2131363631.jpg

image-1214677956.jpg

So one of the female apistos is starting to like it may actually be a male, so i'm thinking i may rehome him and go with just the pair of apistos, and possibly add a pair of GBR down the line.

Speaking of which, I went on a craigslist adventure and got a tank and stand for $30 - the listing said it was a 55g, so I was going to do an Mbuna tank, but it turns out it is actually a 30 long, so I'm going to get it set up over the next few weeks and transfer my 29 over into it - i'm sure everyone will enjoy the extra 6 inches of swimming room!.

Looks really good! I like the browner look this tank has to it! With those bronze leaves and lighter brown substrate it looks awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom