TarHeel's First Journal - 29G Planted Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully going to make it to the LFS tomorrow, they wanted to watch the rummynose over the weekend because they just got them in. I did find what appears to be an albino ramshorn in my tank tonight though.

image-2355758429.jpg

I love my albino rams! I got them from my blues somehow...

anyways, I saw rummynoses for the first time on Friday and absolutely fell in love with them...if they don't work out in your tank, you can send them to me ;)

Well the rummynose have arrives! I got 9, we'll see how many survive the adjustment to their new tank. Can't wait for their noses to color back up!

image-3040604118.jpg

Attachments

• image-2633298276.jpg
    image-2633298276.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 76
Well the one that was off swimming in circles died, but the remaining 8 are already happily schooling again, and their noses are coloring in nicely! I have high hopes for them.

Poor fishie :(at least you still have a decent healthy school to start with. What are your other stocking plans?
I'm looking at about 7 panda cory, an angel, and hopefully a GBR pair. I may either get some amanos to keep things clean until the angel is big enough to make them a snack, or look into a few otos down the line.

Ah.yeah that sounds cool. I wanted a GBR pair in my angel tank, but with 8 angels, 4 SAE's, 2 BNP's and a GBR pair all in one 60g would be just a tad overstocked IMO lol. I had a bunch of amanos in my angel tank and they never bothered them. They all died though after my dumb auto feeder fed too much and spiked the ammonia and killed them overnight :(

Ah.yeah that sounds cool. I wanted a GBR pair in my angel tank, but with 8 angels, 4 SAE's, 2 BNP's and a GBR pair all in one 60g would be just a tad overstocked IMO lol. I had a bunch of amanos in my angel tank and they never bothered them. They all died though after my dumb auto feeder fed too much and spiked the ammonia and killed them overnight :(

Awesome, I'll definitely try some then. I'm really hesitant to get otos, don't feel like having to grow algae just to keep them alive.

I love your new Rummies! They are such awesome fish, I can't wait to get mine for the 20g Long. Sorry about the one that passed.....

I may have already said this, but I have some Panda Cories in my 20g. :lol: they are very cute and fun to observe.

I love them too! Can't wait to get them some friends in the tank!

Here are some more photos of the rummynose:
img_2439988_0_3b3e791df9b0c47f712ff5745b434944.jpg

img_2439988_1_d2cb44b7617393ccb0daffa55a0fbc2d.jpg

img_2439988_2_f0928b915a969b827a85543e1d8bbb9e.jpg

img_2439988_3_d4ed8499bc3ff2859aa99764698948fa.jpg

Awesome, I'll definitely try some then. I'm really hesitant to get otos, don't feel like having to grow algae just to keep them alive.

Actually oto's eat mainly the bio-film along with any small algae they find in an aquarium.

I love them too! Can't wait to get them some friends in the tank!

Here are some more photos of the rummynose:

Lovely photos!

I have a hard time getting photos of the Rummies, they zip around so fast. Mine also love to play in the bubble wand, and the blue light at night makes the Rummies glow like they are lit from within.

image-1203612922.jpg

Sorry, I tried…

Tarheel, what camera did you use? Don't tell me you used your iPhone lol. The last time dropped my phone (one of many) it screwed up my camera so it won't focus :( But you have some skills taking those pics of rummy's especially lol.

I used my Canon 5d Mk 2...I'll take some beautiful cinema quality video of the tank once I get that sponge filter out of there and clean the glass in a few weeks.

Well another rummy bit the dust yesterday - he was smaller than the others and had stopped schooling with them the day before, not sure what was up but I'll keep an eye on the rest of the gang.

In better news, I added an angel and some amano shrimp to the tank yesterday. The shrimp are happily cleaning their new home, and although the angel is still being shy, I did manage to snap a photo while it was out for a bit last night!

img_2443952_0_5cc46fb8b556cbaa5ac091a28ff11d50.jpg

I just ordered some awesome new crypts and a red tiger lotus from Peabody's Paradise, should be getting them sometime next week. I'll post some full tank shots when they get in the tank! :brows:

Sorry for the loss of your Rummynose. :(

Congrats on your new additions, I sure do love Angels and shrimp! Enjoy them! ;)

Sorry for the loss of your Rummynose. :(

Congrats on your new additions, I sure do love Angels and shrimp! Enjoy them! ;)
Thanks! The angel is taking a bit too adjust, still has a clamped tail fin, but is finally out in the open, so that's a start. Getting frozen brine shrimp tomorrow to try to get it to start eating.

Also saw one of my LFS had some rummys in, so got 6 more - the school is up to 13 for the moment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom