Unbalanced aqua

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ebo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I need some help with my unbalanced aquarium. I have a 200l aquarium. CO2 gas tank (small) full on. That way my ph tester is lemon green like it suppose to be I read. I put plans feet every day, Makro and mikro. Makro much more than micro. Light 8 hours a day tl tubelight. Absolutely not to strong or week. I have a wave maker for distributing all elements and good filtering. Filter I clean every month (the white soft stuff). Also there is a bottom warming. All plants but 1 sort grows good. I feed the fish every 2 days. They eat all. Fish population is half what is allowed for 200l. I can not get rid of the algae. Beard algae mainly, but at end of week also sort of dusty algae on the windows. All stones and part of the plants totally overgrown. Looks like where the current is less, there is less algae.....I clean everything every week, refresh 30% of water from with 10% osmose. Part of the stones I can not take out, and by that can not 100% clean them. Only with old electrical brush. After that little layer stays. What do I do wrong??? Help [emoji22]

Water values just before cleaning:
Ph. 7,5
GH 10dh
KH 11dh
NO2 0
NO3 0
NH4 0

GH and KH looks high, is that related to the mikro/mikro? And can that be reason of algae? This is since 2 weeks, the problems are much longer.

Hi all, I need some help with my unbalanced aquarium. I have a 200l aquarium. CO2 gas tank (small) full on. That way my ph tester is lemon green like it suppose to be I read. I put plans feet every day, Makro and mikro. Makro much more than micro. Light 8 hours a day tl tubelight. Absolutely not to strong or week. I have a wave maker for distributing all elements and good filtering. Filter I clean every month (the white soft stuff). Also there is a bottom warming. All plants but 1 sort grows good. I feed the fish every 2 days. They eat all. Fish population is half what is allowed for 200l. I can not get rid of the algae. Beard algae mainly, but at end of week also sort of dusty algae on the windows. All stones and part of the plants totally overgrown. Looks like where the current is less, there is less algae.....I clean everything every week, refresh 30% of water from with 10% osmose. Part of the stones I can not take out, and by that can not 100% clean them. Only with old electrical brush. After that little layer stays. What do I do wrong??? Help [emoji22]

Water values just before cleaning:
Ph. 7,5
GH 10dh
KH 11dh
NO2 0
NO3 0
NH4 0

GH and KH looks high, is that related to the mikro/mikro? And can that be reason of algae? This is since 2 weeks, the problems are much longer.

You are not doing anything wrong and in fact, you are one of the few people who have managed to identify the problem. The tank is unbalanced as you say. In my repeatable experience there is only one method to balance an aquarium and that is time. Keep doing what you are doing. Keep removing the algae and I guarantee you one day the algae will not come back ever again.

Back
Top Bottom