Weird growth on plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xx3GRAHAMxx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, I woke up this morning to some weird growth on some of my plants. It seems to have just appeared overnight. So far, I only noticed it on my water sprite and green cabomba plants. Is it some sort of algae? If so, please help to identify it, and provide suggestions what I should do to get rid of it.

Here are my water parameters (checked this morning):
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: ~20
PH: 7.6

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 99
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 80
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 98
Roots it looks like. Great too cause u can cut the plant and replant them.

Roots really? Why would they grow so far up the plants?

I only had the plants for a week, and so far the Cabomba has doubled in size, and the watersprite is almost there too. My Dwarf Hairgrass is shooting runners, and I'm starting to see new blades come through the substrate. I'm also seeing new leaves on my crypt. I'm so happy that the plants are doing so well. I'm still new so I was nervous when I saw them... I thought it was an algae destined to destroy my tank.

Yep, that's just roots. Cabomba likes to do that, along with some other plants.

--Adeeb

How much light do you have in your tank? I'd like my cambomba to look like that.

I have a 2-54w T5HO fixture with one 10,000W bulb, and one Roseate bulb. The only thing I add to the tank is 1.5 capfuls of Seachem Flourish Excel every morning.

Back
Top Bottom