Coris Wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
These fish are too cool, I have been thinking about setting up a big predator tank, with prolly a panther grouper and one of these guys, with a nice DSB for the wrasse.

Anyone have experience with the Coris Wrasse as far as ease of up keep?

I was planing on keeping him in a 55 gal along with the panther grouper :lol: :wink:

I have a 150 gal, I'm sure he will have pleanty of room.

I have read all about them, I know what they require, I was just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with the fish.

Are they easy to feed?...How are their personality's(IE panther groupers are a very "tame" fish).......How big are they when they change colors?......How fast do they grow?....Are they mean?.....Compatable with a Panther Grouper?......Will they bother Anemones and Feather Dusters?

They just look really cool, any info would be great.

I have one and he eats pretty much anything meaty. He ignores flake food but scours the tank constantly looking for food. He is very cool to watch as he likes to overturn shells and rubble in search of food. When they are young they are docile but as they get older they become more beligerent. Try to get one that is 3 inches or so as the really small ones are more delicate and require constant feedings throughout the day to meet their caloric intake needs. Mine grows fairly slowly and is peaceful to everyone so far. I really enjoy mine and can't wait for it to change colors. I think they start chaging at about 4 inches or so but I imagine that can vary somewhat. HTH

I have one also despite the tank requirements and it has done fine for a year and a half now. He is the most active fish in the tank, when out, but only stays out for about 8 hours a day. He is a little destructive to my rocks that aren't firmly placed in a spot, and now is a little over 5 inches. He is in the middle of his changing stage about half the was to an adult. He eats a lot and steals all the formula 1 from my other fishes. Mine has grown the fastest in my tank but that still isn't to fast. HTH but they are really great fish.

Back
Top Bottom