Dwarf Lionfish and Snowflake Eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pittenger5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would it be an issue to keep these two guys in a 75 gallon tank? And if not, is there any sort of clean up crew I can run that wouldn't become dinner?

How tight of a lid does it need to be? Currently I just have a glass canopy, theres no "openings" in it anywhere, but ... its just a glass canopy, so there's not a lot of weight there.

Tight so the eel can't pop it up and get out if you can move it freely it's not tight

I had two snowflakes take a ride through the overflow and onto the floor via the sump. Be very careful and check for them often.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes def. need a lid on top and as long as there are no openings at all. I had 2 eels, a Black ribbon eel and a snowflake ee. I loved my ribbon so much because I had finally gotten it to eat after a month. There was a tiny hole near my protein skimmer and 1 day, they were both just gone. Til this day i cant find ny snowflake but I did find my ribbon after a few months :/.

I had a snowflake eel end up in the cup of my son's CPR Bakpak skimmer. Must have gone up the outlet tube. I never thought of that possibility.

Back
Top Bottom