Live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I would stay away from the odyssea metal halides. I've used the t5's and they work well. There are many mixed reviews of the MH's though. They are also not CL certified. :-(

Yep, how big is the tank? I'm sure theres something out there for you

Carey, if you looks at the reviews for mh, they are from YEARS ago and are a non issue now.

Although they are definitely cheaper than the other brands in quality, I think that they work well especially considering the price. I think that they are great startup lights.

Still not showing as UL listed, why would that be? Too much money for me to take a chance or advocate anyone else either doing it. There are alot of options out there just gotta do some exploring. Plus the size is gonna make a standard MH T5 too big.

Just my opinion though. :-D

Oh yeah, the size is really an issue for this tank. He couldn't have just gone with a standard tank size! Lol. I have no idea how he's going to find some that is 42".

Thats why I suggested hanging MH fixtures. he also has the depth going against him, its 2 feet deep.

Yeah metal halides are the best. I think if he really wanted any coral, a metal halide would be the best, but t5ho's could also suit.

Fish wise 4 clowns and 2 damsels and a angel and yellow goby coral wise nothing yet

Lighting it's actinic but it's a purple I want kinda a blue lighting

How many bulbs do you have and how long are they? You can easily replace the bulbs for better color. I prefer the blue hue over the purple as well :)

You have 32" bulbs then? I'm trying to find options for you. :)
Or 32w bulbs? They are the T8's that come with a hood? Maybe a picture if you could of your setup and lights. :)

32 size wise

Attachments

• image-107524486.jpg
    image-107524486.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2449725021.jpg
    image-2449725021.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 101
It says T5 54w for the bulbs. Thats a 48" bulb. ?? I'm confused now, sorry....

Rockwork looks good though, I see you feed NLS too! lol

Yea but I also use the flakes as well I'm about to do a little water change today

Back
Top Bottom