whats next??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 38 gallon fish only saltwater tank. It has live sand but no live rock....i have fake rock and fake corals. Filtered with 2 hob filters each rated for 50 gallons. Heater and airstone. Do I need anymore equipment? Also what is good stock for this tank and can I put an anemone in without live rock? Tank is fully cycled and has 1 black clownfish right now.

Anemone's should be in a more established tank from what I have read here. I have a carpet in my 75 that is 3 months old and it is doing great. I also have 100 pounds of live rock in there too.

Skimmer and think about growing macroalgae. Those water changes are expensive.

Anemones need stronger lighting. It's not the color of the lamps so much but the intensity. how many watts are they and what kind of lamps? Some lamps put out more lumens than others.
I would also add at least a pound per gallon of live rock to the tank before any livestock is added. I would also remove the air stone and purchase a couple power heads to move water.

Back
Top Bottom