Khaki my mystery snail who has a broken shell:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimmie18

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good morning,

My name is Kimmie. I just joined this Forum right now. Can someone tell me , does this forum charge to be a member?? ��

Well why I wait for that answer, I am going to
ti get to the point as to why I joined the in such as hurry. Well I have (2�� Mystery Snails - �� Coconut I believe is a female who I just purchased abt 2 to 3 weeks ago because Snail�� #2 Khaki, who I believe is the Main Male of the Tank. When I originally set up the tank, I bought (3) Mystery Snails that were babies. That included Khaki, Snailita who was Khaki's �� original Girlfriend. They had intercourse pretty much like 3 X's a day, every day. Eventually, she started laying huge piles of eggs, (now they are in a 5 gallon tank which only has maybe 1 1/2 possibly 2 gallons of water. Unfortunately she would crawl all the way up to the top of the tank, which is pretty high, and she only did it at night ,(luckily I'm a night owl and I was always up and watched her and for more then half of her births I would take her down when I knew she was done, otherwise for some g** awful reason when she was done she would just let go and literally DROP ALL THE WAY DOWN (ABT 10 INCHES). After about 7 to 8 huge batches of eggs ,that unfortunately never came to fruition, even though she has all the intercourse with Khaki, eventually I missed her one to many times, and I came home one day to see her extremely lathargic, and floating, banging against the tank walls from the water fall of the filter. So after abt 1 week of trying to nurse her back to health, she died. I believe she broke her Mantle BECAUSE when I picked her up for her weekly bath I have them in the sick under warm (but cool enough for then) to rinse her off and clean her shell of and any excrement, or food that may have been stuck to her, and that's when. I realized she was hanging out of her shell .

So k ow ihad Khaki and Mr. �� Snail.. then abt a week later Me.Snail dies out of nowhere. No sign I seen (and I pay very close attention to them, like I said they all got weekly baths). Anyway it happened. Now there was just Khaki, who seemed completely, and utterly depressed. Not eating, barely moving. Just stayed under the water fall of the filter. So thats when I got Coconut. It took him abt a week before he even payed attention to her (I believe it's a female). Anyway her started having Snail �� Intercourse with her. Now I got her as a baby but a much larger baby, abt maybe a little under half his size.

Well here is why I joined, I cleaned there tank today and asked my hubby to gives them both there baths. He's seen me do this plenty of times and knows ONLY TO HAVE 1 IN YOUR HANDS AT A TIME.However he did not do that and with Coconut in his palm, Khaki climbed under his palm upside down on the back of his hand. Well he fell into the bucket and broke his shell (I will attach pictures). A large piece of shell came off the front of him, and abt a min later a piece that was somewhat shape broke off, now he has still a piece left on him that my husband says is sharp, and he wants to cut it. I told him NO WAY ABSOLUTELY NOT UNTIL I JOIN A FORUM AND GET SOME ADVICE BECAUSE I DONT WANT HIS OPEN AREA ANY LARGER. SO PLEASE ANYONE Take A LOOK AT THESE PICS AND TELL ME FIRSTLY IF WHAT HE WANTS TI XUT SHOULD BE, AND ALSO ANY (ADVICE, INFO, DIRECTIONS,,. MEDICATIONS, AND THING TO DI TO HELP "KHAKI". I JUAT LOST (SHH MY FAVORITE ❤️ SNAIL, A RABBIT SNAIL, WHO LIVED IN Water only. Her best friend was my Betta ❤️ fish Dumbella. She some how or maybe her age of 3 yrs tirn her Mantle and I started noticing abt a week ago she kept climbing the walls all the way to the top of tank. And all the years I had Shelby she DID NOR, NEVER CLIMB THE WALLS, AND EXACTLY AT THE MOMENT I TELL Greg to go take her down, she drops her �� shell. And keeps crawling practically out of the tank, so Greg gently picked her up and we out her in a Betta Tubaware - The ones they sell them in at the Pet Store. We put a drop of aloe in her water as the Internet said to do. He then said her back into her �� shell and I kept her in alone in the Tubaware, and for no sleep because I knew every 2 hours the water would get too cold , but the TRUTH IS, AS TGE INFO ON INTERNET SAID, AS SOON AS THEY DROP IUT OF THE SHELL TGEY DIE WITH IN 5 TO 8 MINS. SO EVEN THOUGH ALL I DID ALL WAS IN VAIN, I TRIED. OK WELL PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE PICS OF KHAKI AND OFFER ANY ADVICE OR HELP, PLEASE IM SOO DESPERATE I SONT WANT HIM TO HURT OR SUFFER. Look I'm new and I don't know how to attach pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
No costs required to be a member of the community.

Welcome and maybe we can help with the problems.

That is a lot to cover for you all at once. Sorry you are having a traumatic experience and hope we can help the snail.

You can use a 3rd party posting and use a link for the photos.

But you can add them here in an album and keep adding to the album(s).

below is the information of adding a photo

Additional information is here and the photo adding post is #6 you can see the post numbers at the upper right side of the post boxes
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f9/forums-101-posting-accounts-basics-107597.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to add photos to a post
Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1000 x 750 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 250KB in file size. Forums software may automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are limited to 10 MB of attachment storage for items posted to threads and posts and there is no limit for files posted to the photo gallery. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here at Aquarium Advice in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

Are you using dechlorinator in the water for the snails? For their containers and tanks and baths?

What are the parameters for the water for the snails, like
ammonia
nitrite
nitrate

pH

general hardness /GH
Alkalinity/ calcium/ KH

Back
Top Bottom