Another Seachem Prime question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have used stress coat for years and I decided to try Prime instead. I bought a big bottle of it. The directions says a capful for 100 gallons. I am using it for water changes in my 46 and 40 gal tanks. Is there a smaller measurement? Some amount for every 10 gallons or something like that.

1 ml per 10 gal. Go to Wal-Mart or Walgreens or other pharmacy and buy a baby medicine syringe. The one that the pharmacist gave us goes up to 10 ml but we found one on the shelf that goes up to 15 ml.

If you're dechlorinating smaller amounts of water, the dose is 2 drops per gallon. HTH

Most pharmacies give the baby medicine syringes free. And I think the one that we bought was $.50. It's not a big expense.

I have found that Prime comes in three sizes. I use the medium (8.5 oz) bottle for my 46 gallon tank because of the cap size. It is 1 cap full for 50 gallons.

I also have the smaller bottle for my betta tank. It has a drip cap and it is 2 drips for every 1 gallon of water. Hope this helps a bit.

Each thread on the cap of Prime is 1mL, making the cap 5mL.
for your size tank, just dose an even capful and you'll be fine. a little extra Prime will NOT harm fish in any way.

In fact, you can triple dose prime to detoxify heavy metals.

Back
Top Bottom