Aqua Ray Led's, Are they reliable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been looking at the aqua ray 600's for over a week now considering whether or not to buy them. They are $144 and very cheap for LED's so I was hoping that someone on here has had a personal experience with them.

What do you think about them? I was considering further down the line to get another 600 in the future if I needed it/wanted it so I was wondering if this was a good road. I would be looking at cost being $300 for 2 strips. Is there another good brand that I could get more for my money?

I have been reading about this brand forever :) please just let me know if it's good to keep for a 40 gallon 29"x15"x15" tank without supplemental lighting that wants to house corals. Thank you! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Thank you,

No, I have a lot of experience and own both the old panoramas and stunners. The stunners are only for looks while everything I've put under my panoramas have flourished. And my tank is 24 inches deep and I do keep sps low towards the bottom and middle ( my rock is stacked about 10 inches from the top). I used to think everything was about par, but I don't anymore. LEDs are whole different ball game. I'm beginning to think it has to do with point source, like halides, just a bunch more. A while back many told me LEDs weren't for long term and won't be a viable light source, but one year later they show no signs of weakness (other than price). Also Ecoxotic has brand panorama pros, with higher wattage (1.5 watt opposed to old 1 watt). My only advice is when acclimating your creatures to the new panoramas, be sure to create ripples in the surface to keep from burning certain corals. I'm sure you'll like the natural look of LEDs way better as well. The stunners won't work for what you want, but two panoramas or panorama pros should do whatever you want. For around $210, you won't ever have to worry about over heating your tank, changing bulbs, and you'll save electricity as well. I'll never do any light source other LEDs again, and I love Ecoxotic brand the best. Stay away from marineland, trulumen and aquaray. Not good experiences with them. Haven't used or seen aquaillumantions or ecorays.

Would you prefer them over these ecoxotic that he mentions? - I want to get a aquaray 600 for my 40 gallon, I was wondering if one was enough for you

Back
Top Bottom