Automatic Feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

munch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello

Does anyone have any recommendations on automatic feeders? I have 2, 5 gallon tanks (with one betta each). I'm going away for about 10 days and would like to ensure they are fed.

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to AA! Is there anyone else that can feed them for you that is reliable? Automatic feeders do fail sometimes and may dump the whole load of food into the tank which would be more serious than having a person that forgets and skips a day or two which is still perfectly fine, can always call and remind them as well. Hope this helps.

While I haven't ever used them, I can't really recommend them... I think you're talking about the weekend feeders...? If you look at the nutritional content on those things, they're mostly filler. They're basically the potato chip of the fish snacks: fills your belly but little to no nutritional content. If I'm mistaken, then don't bother with this paragraph.

I agree with thominil. If possible, try to find someone to do it for you. Letting your fish go a couple days between feedings isn't going to kill them and will help keep down on waste during a time where you can't properly do a PWC.

Well, not to be different from those who have already posted but I do have an auto feeder and it has worked very well for me several times as I do not have anyone who can feed my fish (and turtles more recently while my tank is down).

Granted, this is ONLY for dry food. You can not use wet or anything that will spoil.

I use a: Fish Mate F14 Aquarium Fish Feeder; it requires a single AA battery to run. It can be a pain to fill up though!

Back
Top Bottom