Phosphate Remover Products ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdaccord03

Aquarium Advice Regular
Do phosphate remover products actually work? What are some good brands to try? I have a refugium with some Calerpa algae in it but I am still getting algae inside the tank. :(

JW

before you spend any money on these things, you should buy a test kit and check for phosphates, i thought i had it bad and bought sponges and stuff to hlep, then i finally got a kit and found out my tap and tank were both clean of phosphates...wasted like 30 dollars to find out im an idiot, so thats my suggestion, and FWIW i dont think the sponges and pads did anything... the only way to know for sure is to test before and after the use, so test kit is first, live and learn, test first ,act second

they do work but if you have soft corals stick with rowaphos. Most phosphate removers are metallic based and will irritate soft corals.

I think all phosphate removers are metallic based. Rowaphos, however, uses iron to remove phosphate rather than aluminum. The aluminum is what irritates the corals.

Phosbuster from carib sea. Had bad phosphate problem, really high levels. Put the 2 part mix in the tank and within 3 - 4 days all traces of phosphate were gone and haven't had any since. Highly, Highly recommendable :D The product cost approx $20.00 and still have some left!

yeah its aluminum oxide that does it. The ferric iron versions are much easier on the corals.

Back
Top Bottom