Black skirt tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone breed black skirt tetras? Can you give me some information on how to do so and maybe some important pointers??

You already had one thread open on black skirts so no need to start a new one for future reference. Breeding should happen naturally giving the right enviroment. The ideal would be on their own in a healthy planted tank with soft, acidic to neutral water so an ideal ph 6.5 - 7 with low nitrates below 10 for the best chances.

They will also breed in a community setup. The water chemistry is important regardless so soft acidic water is definitely needed. Make them feel safe so keep disturbances to a minimum.

My tetra used to enjoy spawning in morning sunrise.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
You can use spawning mops made of yarn instead of plants. That way to can move the eggs to another tank or container. I like using 5gal buckets for egg hatching as it is easier to control.

Thank you guys and i know i posted one about this already but it said error so i posted another and it happened to go on here twice!

Back
Top Bottom