dalmatian molly questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_fish77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Two of my female mollies are pregnant. And I just have a few questions about it do hopefully you can help.

1. How long will they stay pregnant???

2. How many fries do they have???

3.what do you recommend I do for my baby fries?? :fish1: :fish2:

~lolttyllmao

1) 40-70 days.
2) Anywhere from 10-60. Average is usually 30 or less.
3) If you want the fry to survive you need to provide lots of hiding places. They love floating plants but dense areas of live plants work too. Or fake plants. Just make sure the adults cannot get into them. They are very good at hiding. Some will get eaten but a lot will survive. You can feed them powdered fish food. Just grind up flakes into powder and feed every few hours. Keep the adults well fed and they are less likely to eat the young. Some people put the fry in a breeder net or another tank but I found that to lead to more fry deaths myself so I just leave them in the main tank until they are old enough to sex.

1) 40-70 days.
2) Anywhere from 10-60. Average is usually 30 or less.
3) If you want the fry to survive you need to provide lots of hiding places. They love floating plants but dense areas of live plants work too. Or fake plants. Just make sure the adults cannot get into them. They are very good at hiding. Some will get eaten but a lot will survive. You can feed them powdered fish food. Just grind up flakes into powder and feed every few hours. Keep the adults well fed and they are less likely to eat the young. Some people put the fry in a breeder net or another tank but I found that to lead to more fry deaths myself so I just leave them in the main tank until they are old enough to sex.

Okay thanks! ;) I was planing to get water sprite for the fries but also maybe some guppy moss.

That should work great. I use java moss, water lettuce, and my tank has a ton of plants. Good luck with your fry.

Back
Top Bottom