Discus breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoppaRyno

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all. Was wondering if anyone else on here dabbled in discus breeding. Ig so gimme a shout and lets gab.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, I'm going to attempt to spawn them for a research project/my undergrad thesis! I suppose that's "dabbling".

Awsome, what university. Im a JAYHAWK. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK..... GO KU

"I don't always breed discus.. when I do? I pay dos xx's fair market price"
Hehe- send me some! I'll give them a good home!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

University of Maine Orono... go blackbears? lol

I dont always research Discus but when I do I manage to lose 30 of them despite doing everything aparently correct

Last edited:
When I had more discus in my 180DT I had 2 pair that spawned all the time.
I separated them to breeding tanks where they laid eggs and ate them 95% of the time for over 6 months or so!
The other 5% they ate the fry!
I bought them their own 120g so they could do this too me!
I had a journal(still exist on other site) so I'm in to see you win or lose!
I saw your stock in another thread and those are discus worth breeding!
I probably should have been more persistent as now my GBR torture me in my breeding efforts!
Ever speak with discuspaul?

Brookstee heres a pic of that light i was talking about. Sorry i havent started the thread yet about it. I just got home from a disc golf tournament. Brookster for life, no more bans.

Attachments

• 1429483790608.jpg
    1429483790608.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 55
60$ is what i paid. 16 t5 ho's, 88 660nanometer true red leds and 3 hardcore metal halides. What have i got my hands on.

Never heard of discuspaul. Great name though, ha ha. I just got my first 3 proven pairs of GBR, so im about to know that pain.

60$ is what i paid. 16 t5 ho's, 88 660nanometer true red leds and 3 hardcore metal halides. What have i got my hands on.

You got a reef light!
Looks like 3@250MH ,leds next to them and actinics?
You doing a reef tank?
Going to start a GBR breeding thread and want to hear and see from you there!

He was using it as a light over his frag table, 12' x 6'. That makes total sense. Is this even usable for freshwater?

I figured 60$ and all is in great working condition w/ ceiling hanging kit wasnt bad at all. It also has 4 ballasts that weigh a ton.

I haven't dabbled in discus since I kept axelrodi browns. One day soon I will keep wild discus again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow.... wild!!!! Wheeew..... i had a wild pair. Only wilds i ever owned. They were caught while guarding fungused eggs. They were sooo cool, but much less tollersble than captive bred.

Gillie if your good with wilds, then your the man. They are tough.

I figured 60$ and all is in great working condition w/ ceiling hanging kit wasnt bad at all. It also has 4 ballasts that weigh a ton.

at best with a well balanced ,ferted,co2 enriched system that light should not be run more then 2 hours as "mid day" scorching effect!
You'll be very happy if you sell it to some one who knows what it is worth and hasn't switched to LEDs with a 300g reef($$$).

Back
Top Bottom