how can i tell if my RCS are breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulcm10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't tell if they are pregnant or not. Because they are so small. Is there any other way to tell?

If they're small you can't see ten, then it's likely they're not breeding because they're still young!

Magnifying glass is your friend!

You may be able to see eggs under the females tail and they will cavort and chase each other. I have seen a couple of mine chasing each other in what looks like male and female hanging around together doin' the Cha Cha dance. Mine still seem a little young but maybe practicing. Paul how are your awesome shrimp doing?

Magnifying glass is your friend!

You may be able to see eggs under the females tail and they will cavort and chase each other. I have seen a couple of mine chasing each other in what looks like male and female hanging around together doin' the Cha Cha dance. Mine still seem a little young but maybe practicing. Paul how are your awesome shrimp doing?

oh well then i guess i need to buy a magnifying glass then haha.
and ill keep an eye out for an behavior like that.
and they are doing great! i had a couple of deaths but thats okay most of them seem like they are doing good! i just can't wait for them to breed! :)
also i know this question isn't in the topic but remember i told u a while back that i wanted to get a bamboo shrimp. will my bamboo shrimp be ok with my rcs? the bamboo wouldn't eat any baby shrimp right or hurt any? lol

Keeping pristine water parameters for dwarf shrimp and filter feeding big Bamboo shrimp don't seem to mix. Maybe check out the dwarf filter feeding shrimp, can't think of the name, too tired. Maybe Lace shrimp...ahh Green Lace shrimp, very cool!

Moved my Bamboo shrimp into my community tank and I am supplemental feeding when I see it crawling around. Honestly I have been trying to feed less since I tend to over feed, so I have a turkey baster and will feed crushed flake mixed with tank water food directly into the path of the Bamboo shrimp, littering flake particles everywhere, so the other fish will get that as their feeding for the day. Bamboo is still molting regularly so I guess it is alright. But difficult to keep, if not over feeding!

It loved being in the guppy fry tank gobbling bits and particles all day long.

Too dirty for my liking, I want to change tank water less not more!!!

Back
Top Bottom