molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing yet. I'm just gonna let her have them in the tank.

Nothing yet. I'm just gonna let her have them in the tank.
Well i would say she is due any night now..If you want to save as much fry as possible, 2 tips;
1. Cover your filter pipe with pantyhose.
2. If you've fake plants, bunch them closely so the fry can hide..

My plants are pretty dense. Ill try the panty hose

My plants are pretty dense. Ill try the panty hose
Your all set so.. You only need cheap pantyhose, new, rinsed but unwashed. Nothing fancy..lol. Best of luck, let us know how ya get on and if ya need any help just give me a shout..Ian

I'm in the same boat as you! Waiting for my preggo Molly to have babies! :)

Attachments

• image-3702007917.jpg
    image-3702007917.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 122
No idea! I've had her for about a week so far.. She just got big like that yesterday!

No idea! I've had her for about a week so far.. She just got big like that yesterday!
It can be hard to tell, i had two pregnant recently. One barely looked pregnant and the other looked like she swallowed a marble!!. Guess which one popped first!!!. Just keep an eye on her and when she looks boxed or square, she's nearly there..I had platies(same situation), her anal passage started to bulge so i knew she was near. I just put her in the breeder box and kept the lights and airstones off. She had them the next morning....

Advice if you plan to keep breeding your mollies. Keep track of the dates she gives birth. It will be much easier next time around to know about which day she will pop! I'm currently breeding Lyretail Golden Panda Mollies.. I simply made a excel spreadsheet for all of my birthing fish.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 99
That's a good idea! I'll start doing that! So my Molly is back to her normal size.. Don't see any fry though. Hopefully I'll see some next time she has babies! Any luck for you guys?

That's a good idea! I'll start doing that! So my Molly is back to her normal size.. Don't see any fry though. Hopefully I'll see some next time she has babies! Any luck for you guys?

I have two prego mollies right now. One is due any day and the other not until about the 25th. Fry will hide at the bottom of the tank by plants or decorations. Anything that they feel safe from the big fish! Use a net and move it around the bottom of your tank and see if you scare any fry. Good luck!

Finally she had them. About 30 minutes ago she popped out about 30 of the little guys!!!!!

Did you have any signs that she was going to drop? Did you use a breeder trap?

I was watching my tank and one started swimming around so i removed her.

Back
Top Bottom