My marbel angle fish laid eggs! Neat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice one zp, but they grow quick and wont be 'baby' cor long! I sold 4 of mine from my first batch born 10 weeks ago last night. It was quite sad seeing them go! I'm
Hoping my adults lay again this week.

Mine FINALLY laid again last night. I'm going to leave them in the community tank for 2 days so they can get most of them fertilized and then I'll move the eggs back over to the breeding tank. :fish2:

Cool zp. Best of luck this time. After 24 hours unfertilised egg go white so no need to leave them any longer. As soon as they start fanning the eggs think male is done. Great news though.

Hey guys it's been a while. Is It possible to look at an angel fish and determine if it's veil/super veil? I have a silver angel and her fins are much longer than my other female?

Far as I know a male should pair off with a female at any time. I know when a partner dies, a new partner can be introduced but sexjng the new partner can be tricky and maybe best to introduce 3 or 4 to increase the odds

Well so far this is looking good. I waited for a couple of days after they laid the eggs to move them. Basically I waited until almost all of the eggs were in the wiggling stage, then I clipped off the leaf they were on and put it in the breeding basket in the breeding tank.

Within a day they had all fallen off of the leaf to the bottom of the breeding net. I figured they were all dead, but left them there just in case because I did see a few moving. For the last few days I've looked at them on and off and they keep changing position and I see more of them moving. So it will be interesting to see how many make it to the free swimming stage.

At this point there are probably 200-300 of them in the basket. :dance:

I hope you get some survivors. None from my last batch made it, but I have some more eggs now, so I am hoping for better results. This time my girl laid eggs on 3 different leaves and I didn't want to clip them all, so I just took the most densely laid leaf.
How is Baby doing?

Great zp. Good news. I have free swimmers just now. Next few days crucial for us both. Need to c little fat stomachs then il be happy.

Back
Top Bottom