My marbel angle fish laid eggs! Neat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my gosh haha they look like little dragon flys!!!!!!! That is so cool! Is this their first batch?

Hahah how long ago was the firsg batch laid?

The 30th of last month.

here is a new video.

I finally found a Red Zebra in one of the other tanks that was missing, it's dead, no idea what happened. :nono:

I also just had to quarantine on of my Discus. The one that the BN pleco chewed on. Looks like the wound has been made worse, I think on of the other discus had a go at him. Doubt he'll make it more than an hour or so, put him in a bucket with a little melafix in the water :nono:.

Lol they really are protected, nd nice trick with the eyedropper feedin themz! Look very healthy

Um....I think you're gonna need another tank!! :lol: That's great, they are so cute!! Congrats! And sorry about your discus. :( Hope s/he makes it.

He was floating and barely breathing so I frozen him. :nono: I was just thinking I'm going to have to get another tank, however I might be able to put some of them in the 55g with the red zebras and yellow labs. I can't keep them all so most will have to go to the pet store.

Okay, not to keep spamming my own thread but...they moved them again. This to a back corner of the tank onto a fake plant I had in there. It's right under the filter, possible the worst place they could have chosen. I can barely see them, I think the parents got tired of me peeking in the tank every 2 minutes.

Hahahaha, or they think it will keep more alive because of the constant air flow...

zparticle said:
I'm not sure, the package said the pH needed to be 8 or higher so I put some CC in there, that may have done it. Or maybe it just wasn't warm enough because I have no heater in there. Trying again without the CC. Fingers crossed.

Next round add a pinch of baking soda. if you really want you could substitute baking soda for salt completely but it does leave behind a lot of residue. It can also take 36 to 48 hrs if the room temperature is low.

Hard to tell for sure, they are kind of clumped together, but I think about half of them have disappeared. I found two or three in the floss around the filter intake while cleaning it, but it seems to me a bunch are missing. That is pretty disappointing but for all I know they are in there somewhere. :confused:

The tank is filthy again but I can't risk another vacuuming because of where the fry are. :hide:

I did see some of the first batch of brine shrimp hatched, I have no idea how you are supposed to get them out. They are super tiny. I tried pouring the water through a filter and then rinsing the filter in the tank but as far as I could tell none made it into the tank. :facepalm:

Squirted some more soaked firstbites on the fry. They are still hanging on to the fake plant, not swimming around. If this doesn't end well I'm going to go buy a much smaller filter, or maybe a sponge filter for the next try. This filter just has WAY too much flow, for this purpose, and no way to turn it down that I can see. :mad:

Kind of bummed out, I was really hoping they would be swimming around when I got home. :(

Back
Top Bottom