stripping Fry....Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I tried to strip my lab . a baby fry came out w 2 eyes body still an egg and very small tail. :( obviously it didnt make it. How much longer will fry be fully development so I can strip them at full term. This is a first for me.

why are u striping the fry . is there another tank that you could put her in untill she spits them out naturaly . eaven a 10 gallon would work

I thought it was time because her pouch was fairly big. No im just going to keep them in the breeder tank for a while then ill add them to the main tank, sell most of them and keep 1 since it will be my first batch Ive ever had.

Hi Fish Friends,

None of my yellow labs will spit the kids out when the time comes. I have noticed that if I occasionally more all of the labs to a bucket or small tank, babies will be spit out - normally. Then I move my adults back to the breeding tank.

kitty2234

That undeveloped baby fry is still alive this morning and my lab is fiercely protecting it. I really dont know how it can be still alive if the egg is still attached. Im amazed. Is there a websiste somwhere that shows growth of fry cichlids?

Back
Top Bottom