1 gallon bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Options

No body freak out!

Here is a snail bowl which also has Cherry shrimp in it.

I wanted to show you the top of it so you could see an additional option for helping to keep the water clean.

60074-albums12102-picture54575.jpg

These are Arrowhead houseplant plants, you can find them at Petco in the terrarium plants selection and sometimes you might have to check different weeks and/or stores for the best choice/different colors.

BBradbury here keeps lots of plants in his tanks cleaning the water, and he prefers Chinese Evergreen plants. If you have children or pets around please due your checking on these for your family.

I had mine around kids and pets with out a problem. If you cut the roots I let them heal in a different vase, or cup, just in case the sap could hurt them. Though I have had many of these set ups through the years and never an issue.

For many years, I had 2-3+ gallon vases, even a couple of 1 gallon, but that size is TOO small for healthy and happy fish! (also about 15 years ago btw)

The top is a clear plastic saucer. There are ones with a graduated diameter so you can adjust to the diameter of your opening.

I cut and X with a box cutter or exacto knife, cut off the pointy parts which could cut the plant (making it a tight fit with room to grow) slip the cleaned off plant into the hole so the roots dangle into the water.

You will need to get good growth established and healthy plants for maximum benefit for water cleaning.

When you rinse off stones use treated water to preserve as much BB as possible.

Opinions, I think a 2.5G tank is a reasonable size for a Betta and a 5 would be better if you have an active or large fish.

The Aqueon makes a little 5G bowfront which, when on sale is very reasonable. People sell these all the time on CL and at thrift stores. probably $10-$15 with all the stuff already, sand/gravel, decorations and already has a decent filter, and light!!!

Here is a pic of my 2.5G looks the same, exactly only the other is larger, lol

60074-albums11858-picture52993.jpg

I would go with a Male Betta, and spend some time looking for a bright eyed healthy looking one, in clean water. Also check with the lfs and see which day they get their new fish in, so you can get the best selection!!!

The dwarf shrimp may become Betta snacks. Sometimes not right away...
:(
Happy fish keeping.

Back
Top Bottom