10 gallon Build/ Journey Thread :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just thought I'd throw it out there: make sure you shake the second nitrate bottle vigorously for like 2-3 min. Otherwise it may not be accurate, at least, from my experience. Just a heads up :).

Thanks! It said to shake the bottle for 30 seconds, is that enough? Is doing it for 2-3 mins gives you more accurate results?

From my experience, and others, I find that it does. If you don't shake it good enough, the levels will be lower than they really are. I used to think mine was 0-5ppm for a long time but once I started shaking longer, it turned out it was closer to 10-20ppm.

Thanks! RE-tested my nitrate and still got the same, in the middle, but It was more orange than last time so yeah! :D

*Update*

Just tested for results and Got: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5ppm! My tank is cycled! Now a question, If I feed My tank til Saturday, will it stay cycled? I can only go to My LFS on Saturday so.....

Yay!!! :D. The feeding should work :) it just will probably cause some food build up on the substrate so try to vacuum it up lol. Also, make sure you do a pwc the day before or within hours before introducing your fish. Congrats :D.

Thanks, I plan on testing the water the same day and Do a PWC after that to get any left over food. Im so excited, Im ready to get new fish! :)

Your tanks looking really good. I keep telling myself i should try planting a tank sometime. I'm gonna keep following this. I'm curious to see what fish you ultimately get.

Thanks for following! :)
I plan on doing CPD's, couple sparkling gouramis, few endlers, ans some dwarf shrimp (Amano and RCS). If not, a single school of a smaller schooling tetra or rasbora and some dwarf shrimp, it just really depends what they have there this weekend. I plan to take pics there so people can see what my LFS looks like :).

Thats why I said CPD's, refering them as plural. If I do get cpds, I am getting a school of six :)

Yeah, I was thinking some cpds would go well with my habrosus in the 10 gal. However, I read that they are Hella shy so now leanin for boraras merah. Good luck
shopping :)

Back
Top Bottom