10 gallon Build/ Journey Thread :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tank before addin fish

Attachments

• 2011-02-05 15.19.31.jpg
    2011-02-05 15.19.31.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 114
Lookin good Ty! Have you considered adding some hardscape as well? Some rocks or driftwood could spruce it up even more... but the plants look very healthy!

Thanks, fast reply! Ive got 6 gold pristella tetra and 3-5 red cherry shrimp from the local fish store for the 10 (I decided I wanted something hardier to start with.) :) Currently Im on the road right now, not home yet. Ill get a pic when they are in there

Looking fantastic man. What liquid ferts do you use for your tank? Im only using flourite potassium atm.

Yeah.... about that, I am only using florish at the moment.... I forgot to get the others... Sorry fort.

But the Pristellas and Red cherry shrimp are doing great! I feed them some flakes and 2 shrimp pellets, and they ate them up. I plan on adding some Amano shrimp and Nerite snail, If I can, I plan on adding 2 more pristellas.

Green spot algae. It's this really hard crusty algae that is difficult to remove without nerites or a razor lol. It forms a green layer, usually over the aquarium glass and filter tube. It's on some of my plants too :/.

Oh thanks, I new what It was, but didnt know the abbreviation. I have some of it in my 30 gallon, The bristlenose munches on it, but Doesnt get it off.

Ahh, well nerites love eating algae. Their the only living things I've used to combat GSA lol. Razors work too but there are always those hard to reach spots haha.

Ive got some off with that Mag-float when I had a 10 gallon, Ive also used a algae scraper, It worked too.

yeah, The mag-float took up too much room on the tank and didnt look so great, so I took it off.

On the week days, I turn It on at 6:20 am and Turn it off at 10:00 pm. They weekends are different though, whenever I wake up is when I turn the on.

Heres the tank with the tetras. You can't really see them, they are fast little suckers!

Attachments

• 2011-02-05 22.58.41.jpg
    2011-02-05 22.58.41.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 123
ty, when you were cycling, how many times a week did you check the nitrates, nitrites, ammonia and pH levels?

Back
Top Bottom