10 gallon low-light with dirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't really bear sitting next to my tank anymore. The smell is getting a bit rancid :-\.

Fort, I told Jon a few days ago that I wasn't really seeing results. But after seeing this, and how gorgeous and fast my Rotala is growing, I am very very pleased and optimistic.

Water sprite planted. I'm going to leave the tank alone now for a month or so and see how everything works itself out. As the sprite grows, I may put some on the right to avoid an all-too-centered look. Overall, I think I've picked a cool theme for the background and I think the rotala and sprite will look nice all bunched together.

img_1284201_0_1cb23bd3eca741080058bc6e5b855b41.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, I am. It's definitely from the sand and stuff not being mixed, though. Today when I was planting, a bunch of bubbles ripped out and let out a very nasty sulfur smell.

Oh, they say that's pretty common. Mine hasn't had that problem. I think its probably because mine soaked for a while. Even though I did it wrong, it seems to be working out well... Glad you're seeing good results. I haven't seen much in my tank, but its much harder to see growth in a 125g as compared to my 40 or your 10. I know they're growing though, since my ludwigia is about 15" tall now with 4-5" runners coming off the stems in all directions.

wow...+1 with jon. I am really loving your rotala...they do look good bunch up together...so cool...very good job.

If I may put in my two cents about the smelly issue- try poking a fork in the sand every few days to release those bubbles or get some malaysian trumpet snails and they'll do it for ya :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom