10 gallon nano-reef coming together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I know the feeling! How's the tank??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Doing good...still fighting the cyano though. If I try to pick it out with my hands I can't get it all and if I try to siphon it, for some reason I get more sand than cyano :lol:

How about yours?

Going good too! I'm having a cyano problem too :/ just some some of the chemical stuff for it so I'm hoping that works. Any of you guys try it?

Going good too! I'm having a cyano problem too :/ just some some of the chemical stuff for it so I'm hoping that works. Any of you guys try it?

Let me know how it goes, thinking about that myself.

That stuff is just a band aid, if your having cyano issues you have excess nutrients in your system. Reduce the nutrient import and increase the export and it'll take care of it self.

That stuff is just a band aid, if your having cyano issues you have excess nutrients in your system. Reduce the nutrient import and increase the export and it'll take care of it self.

Where would the nutrients be coming from then? I only feed every other day if that, some times every two days :/

My two clowns and damsel and royal gramma. I do water changes every Friday from 10-20%. My filters are the inTank media rack with the poly fill, phosguard, and chemi-elite

I'd say it's because your over stocked, 4 fish is a lot in your tank and the tanks very young for a huge bio load.

Well that makes complete sense. So should I look to get rid of someone or just bigger water changes?

IMHO you should get rid of 2, if you want a 3rd fish go with a small goby. Keep in mind you only probably have ~9 gallons in the display after rock and sand and the water in the back chamber.

I stop by your job today. I have what I think is a flatworm problem. Lance was there doing some maintenance and was nice enough to open the doors turn the computer on and make a sale. Super nice guy I think you're in good hands

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I stop by your job today. I have what I think is a flatworm problem. Lance was there doing some maintenance and was nice enough to open the doors turn the computer on and make a sale. Super nice guy I think you're in good hands

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. Lol. We weren't open today. Hope all is well

Fish are friends not food!

Back
Top Bottom