10 Gallon Planted Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, Big day Tomorrow. Riviera Reef has some Kuhli's In, and I have e'em all on hold. By all, I mean three. So I pose this question to you - Will buying three now and two later work? Original plans calls for five of 'em. If not, will three do as well as five would? I've been told that they like to be in a group, but I'm not sure three is enough.

- Chris

Hi there. your set-up looks great. Putting your CO2 output into the intake of your AC filter does a good job diffusing your CO2. Problem I had with it was it is to noisy and it produced so many fine bubbles it almost made my tank look cloudy. I am using An AC mini. Heed Malkore's advice and put an airline reducer on your CO2 line. It helps alot with the noise and excess fine bubbles.

3 is a nice little crew. Adding 2 more later should work. I have 4 in 156sq inches (~25% less than a 10g) and they have done great for the past year.

If you are considering a carpet, getting it rooted with 3 (or no) kuhliis will definitely be easier than with 5 :)

Speaking of the carpet I have some leftover HC(Hemianthus callithrodes) I bought here and could send you some.But you'll have to wait till the weather gets warmer.If you want any just pm me and I can send you some when it gets warmer but that may not be till a long time and as czcz said before getting the coolies you should wait till it gets rooted in.IME it roots in fast if you provide enough light and CO2.

Thanks Glenc! I did notice some noise from the AC when I tested the CO2 there. I think I'll end up sticking it below the filter media, so hopefully it will diffuse on it's way through that. I'm not sure what the Airline reducer you refered to is, but I'll runa search here in a sec.

czcz, I was unable to get three. The girl I usually deal with put three on hold for me, then another employee sold one anyways. I did pick up two, though, and they also had a Dwarf Gourami so I snagged him as well. Beautiful fish. There should be 10-15 more Kuhli's in this week, but I live to far away to go back during the work week.

azn_fishy55, that would be fantastic, I am definitely looking for a carpet plant. The LFS here has a lot of plants, but they are mostly swords and anubias. I would like to get a carpet going, and use Downoi as my mid-ground. I'm not sure what to use for my background yet. I think I may have to try a tiger lotus as well, because they are too beautiful not to try.

So, The fish are in the tank, and the Kuhli's are no where to be seen. I hope they don't stay like this, but hey, they just got forcebly moved to a location 45 miles away from their previous home. I can understand some shyness. The Dwarf is resting under the driftwood, or floating right in front of my face like he wants some attention.

Now that I look closer (and have the lights on) he appears to be breathign hard and fast... and his fins are going a mile a minute but he's not moving. Not good, I'm guessing. I'll go make a post in the general discussion area. :|

- Chris

Is there any prefilter or guard on the intake of the powerhead? I would not worry about the kuhliis hiding if there is. From what I have observed from mine, I think that driftwood is just perfect.

Good luck with your Gourami. I wish I knew how to help, but suggest you note if you acclimated in the General thread.

czcz - I have a guard on the intake, yes. I actually did just see the Kuhli's for a second, they're under the driftwood. I guess they're too good for all the holes already in the driftwood, they have to dig their own ;)

I did acclimate them, fairly slowly as well.

hrm...

Back
Top Bottom