10 gallon stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good. I think I'll try that. Sorry for my being stubborn lol, thanks for putting up with it. any other opinions or suggestions are still greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sure! I need to give some others credit too... Off to the website! (and yes... I am stubborn!) ;) lol.

Lol... I tried... But it says I have to wait before I can give you more! Your too helpful! Nag nag nag. ;) nah jk... Your awesome guys!

I will admit... I obsess over making sure everyone gets a bite to eat... So I won't have a problem there. I'd still like to add neons instead of platies though. Is there any way I could do this?

A school of neon tetra (how many?)
2 ADF's
Elvis
3 ottos

I'm worried about bioload mainly for now, I'll sort out the kinks, and separate what needs separation when the time comes. (got another 10 gallon in storage I can set up if necessary) but I'd really like to try neons if possible, and ethical.

I think you'll be fine with that stock with either the 3 platties or the 6 neons. With the ADF's, forgive me if I already said it, but if you feed them inside a little hidey hole it really helps. They quickly learn when it's feeding time where to go to get the food. Or of course you can drop it right on their noses but..argh..they always move right at the moment and it can be frustrating lol. I feed them frog and tadpole bites and bloodworms. If they eat what you feed the community that's pretty much fine, as long as it's not dried foods like bloodworms and shrimp or, pellets other than their frog pellets because they are prone to bowel impaction which causes them to bloat and usually die. If you are doing live plants they absolutely love them. I had them with fake plants and they'd be in them every once and a while but now that I only have live in their tank, they are always in the plants and it's so cute :)

I'm probably going to switch over to live plants somewhere along the road, I understand the ADF situation, and if needed I do have a backup plan. I'm pretty good at target feeding too.

Ok, back again... Different 10 gallon. Can I put just 1 black Molly in a DIFFERENT 10 gallon? It'd be a QT/Hospital, and he'd be the only permanent resident.

yea it's just the produce soooooo much waste and then they get 4 inches and then theyre VERY active plus the live longer in brackis water what about a guppy

I've never had luck with them. But this 10 gallon is gonna have a 30 gallon aquaclear filter on it, and I can up that if necessary. Would it work then? (and the brackish thing isn't entirely true... They just had a BIG debate on that)

I've never had luck with them. But this 10 gallon is gonna have a 30 gallon aquaclear filter on it, and I can up that if necessary. Would it work then? (and the brackish thing isn't entirely true... They just had a BIG debate on that)

I wouldn't even keep them in a 20, they can get up to 5" so even if you could manage their mass waste at that size, it just woudn't give them adequate swimming space.

Yeah that would work.

Did you wanna try some of the micro fish? You could do a mini community...they are really cute :) I know HN1 and severum have some..since you're already ordering the cories from them anyway.

Or maybe you could try a female betta sorority.

Back
Top Bottom