10 gallon Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datreeferman

Aquarium Advice Activist
How does this sound for a ten gallon aquarium? I already have 4 small neon tetras and 2 mollies. I was planning to get 1-4 more neon tetras, 3 corys and 3 guppies. Is that too much? Just enough? Could I get more? Thanks.:)

Mollies actually grow too large and have a heavy bio-load so are not suitable for a 10g. Guppy males are fine, plus you get more color and no fry to deal with. Many say neons need a larger tank but IMO a 10g is fine. I have 11 in a 12g tank with a betta, and 5 male Endlers. Most cory's get too large for a 10g. You can look into dwarf or pygmy cories or perhaps Panda's or even Peppered which are both smaller species. Aspidoras are great if you can find them. They are in the cory family. So if you keep the molly's, which I don't advise, your tank stock is full. If you'd rehome the Molly's the upping your neon count, adding some guppies, and 3 cory's would work fine.

How does this sound for a ten gallon aquarium? I already have 4 small neon tetras and 2 mollies. I was planning to get 1-4 more neon tetras, 3 corys and 3 guppies. Is that too much? Just enough? Could I get more? Thanks.:)

like Rivercats said, the mollies would overstock the tank with their bioload. I think you should return the mollies, get the neons and if you can dwarf cories and one male and two female guppies. I don't know your dimensions but check out the site AqAdvisor

Back
Top Bottom