10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BfishLpond78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would i be able to have pond snails and RCS is the same tank? Will the RCS eat all my snails?

Would i be able to have pond snails and RCS is the same tank? Will the RCS eat all my snails?

There are arguments saying yes and no. IMO if the shrimp feel like it they may. But if u give them plenty of food they will probably not bother the snails.

I would love to see some proof of an RCS eating a live snail...

Not gonna happen ;)

You would be fine with both of those in the same tank.

The reason for the tank is to breed the snails for my future GSP, and I wanted to get some RCS at some point cause they're awesome. How man RCS could live in a ten gallon? Will the RCS eat the snail eggs?

They *might* eat the eggs, but probably not if you offer them supplemental food instead. You could easily have 100 RCS in a 10 gal tank.

I plan on getting some java moss to offer hiding places. Wow a 100 really?!? Ya I don't think I'll get that many...will the RCS breed as well?

Yes... if you start with 10, and don't have anything in there to eat the shrimplets, you will have 100 in a few months ;). You can sell them on ebay or aquabid for about $1 ea if you pick up some cordon breather bags for shipping. They ship quite well.

Java moss would be a good idea. They like to hang on it.

Back
Top Bottom