10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr86mister

Aquarium Advice FINatic
greenmagi wanted me to start a new thread for this, so i'm doing this just for you!!! lol

as i exactly said earlier, "i currently have a small tank and i am getting a 10 gallon saturday, so any ideas of stocking it(i'm pretty experienced with fish) i'm looking for more of an aggressive or semi-aggressive tank and want to have interesting fish....e.g. dwarf puffer fish"

i know that i am limited being that its only a 10 gallon tank, what would be a good mix of interesting yet small fish, i could use all the help i can get

thank you! :D

I would put a South American puffer in a tank that size. It is a very active and inquisitive fish that is in constant motion all over the tank.

ok, i think everything is all set with this sticky trouble i have been having...lol

I will have a 10 gallon, i want to put a Penguin 150 w/ biow-wheel for a filter, medium to small gravel, Ph should be between 7.4-7.8, and i want a semi to aggressive tank...but smaller fish so i can put them in....and i love my otto's...so anything that could be compatible with them would be a great help

(wow i'm dumb)...lol

With 10 gallons you can't have that much of an aggressive tank because there is not enough space really for territories to be established. You could get a pair of kribs maybe, or rams. Plus, with not that much territory, those types of fish would probably kill your otos. You might be better off trying to make a community tank out of a 10 gallon. Maybe someone else has better advice. Sorry.

I agree...with that size, you're are limited in selecting any kind of aggressive fish. Dward cichlids come to mind immediately. Are you also thinking of live plants for them? Cichlids seem to do much better with them.

yeah i am going to have live plants in the tank.....i did figure that its going to be pretty tough finding good fish being that its only a 10 gallon....maybe i'll just go with some hard to find and good looking community fish

What about one of the smaller species of N. American sunfish?

so i was supposed to get the 10 gallon on saturday, and my g/f called me at work and her aunt dropped it off at her house today, so i didnt get out of work till 10 so the anxious wait was killing me....i came straight home and set it all up....right now there is a whisper filter on it for 10 gallons(going to change to the Penguin 150, and then a 50 watt heater and its very old so i'm going to buy a new one....i have transfered some of my gravel from my old aquarium and some decor to slowly get it ready and look nice but of course no fishies for a while...this is turning out great :D

Back
Top Bottom