100gl in the kitchen? (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sideways

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, thanks for clicking.

So heres my question. My mom is a big fan of the hobby. Her birthday is coming up in a week and I was thinking of getting a new tank.

Currently I have a 55 gallon in the living room, it's been up for a litle under a year. Anyways I wanted to go bigger with a 100 gallon tank and was thinking of putting it in the kitchen.

My question and concern is this, is it a safe place to put it? Let me know what you guys think, Here is a rough idea of what I was aiming for. (Sorry about the messy kitchen)
the tank I am looking at measures 60"x18"x23"

sm.jpg

if you do put the tank there, is there plenty of room for the equipment needed to run the tank? i have a smaller tank, but i've noticed that there is a lot of stuff that is req'd. i can only think that there will be more stuff with a bigger tank.

Although the tank might fit there..and it would go convienent for water changes I don't think its a good idea. You would loose valuable counter space in the kitchen and I dont think mom would appreciate it much. Just my opinion

thanks for the comments, i think i better research the house a bit more before trying to put it in the kitchen. I still think it would look cool though

I agree, I can just hear my mother saying "YOU CAN"T FIT THAT THERE!!!"
plus it's right next to the sink where no doubt alot of ceramic, glass, stainless steel objects pass through, possibly clanging on the tank Not worth the risk imo

Don't do it. It'd be a pain there, not to mention taking away from informal dining space. And salt creep. And noisy pumps. And insufficient table support (maybe 1000 lbs). And HOB filters, heaters, lights, etc, etc.

I wouldn't do it. It'll be messy in the kitchen and if you perform any grease cooking, it'll be even worse.

Back
Top Bottom