10g Hexagon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
As usual I always have tank ideas running thru my mind...

I'm contemplating upgrading my standard 10g aquarium that houses my Betta to a 10g Hexagon.
The dimensions of the tanks are:

Reg Rectangular-- 20x10x12

Hex-- 14x12x18

It appears it will give my Betta slightly less length to swim, but would it really be that big of a deal? It's just him and my Golden Mystery snail in the tank.

I'm also thinking of designs... I don't particularly want to go planted (yet) but I'd like to use a variety of silk plants... With the possibility of onion bulbs... (I really like the look of the tall stalks)
What do you guys think? And what else do you think I need? I'm thinking small black gravel?

image-67996966.jpg
I don't actually have the tank, this is a stock photo... I'm thinking in advance for Christmas... Hahahha

It's a smaller footprint for him but he'd still be very happy in it. And consider live plants! In a tank that tall you could have some nice long java ferns to add depth and some anubias to fill out the lower strata. Very easy plants lighting-wise.

It would look awesome if you could find a sweet long piece of driftwood that goes to like the top of the tank, and have plants around it.

Pckerfreak44 said:
It would look awesome if you could find a sweet long piece of driftwood that goes to like the top of the tank, and have plants around it.

That would look neat... Would cut out on his swimming room though... But it would really look good though!
I want something that's stunning and creative and that I'm proud of. It will be my designated Betta tank forever :)

You could do a moss wall on the back! My first tank was just like this and I had a Xmas moss back wall. My betta loved it!

Gamecockaquascaper said:
You could do a moss wall on the back! My first tank was just like this and I had a Xmas moss back wall. My betta loved it!

Do you plant along back wall and it grows easily?

Back
Top Bottom