120 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vanimal said:
Just found a 110 with stand for $300

If it holds water then go for it. See if u can get price down at all tho obviously. Or some extras. Make sure silicone looks good too when you go to look at it.

And a 125 with stand for 600 but that seems like alot...

The biggest thing to look at when buying a used tank is ask how old it is and how long it has been sitting empty. I bought a 55g that was 15years old and was filled everyday till I bought it. And 150g that was 6 years old and had been empty for 1year. The seals on the 55g where great and never leaked. The 150 however had multiple leaks and was a nightmare to fix.

So make yourself knowledgeable when buying it. Of course my occurrence isn't always normal but I would ask the seller to have the tank filled to the max before you come and look. If its not leaking it only takes 5mins to empty a 100g tank so it's not that big of a deal to take it home if it's good.

Also if there is a small leak you could negotiate the price down and fix it yourself.

I didn't do this on the 150g. Hence my advice to you to save you the trouble and money.

Mark388 said:
Ya I got the tank/stand for cost and got all the equipment on sale. Also helps when your a regular and can get the special treatment lol.

That's my special treatment 500$ dollars off keep in mind it's Atlantic Canada

Back
Top Bottom