125 build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohhh sorry lol, 150 cubes arent that big of a foot print though, i would go with a normal 150 just personal preference as i already have a cube and it limits your stock to a bunch of small fish.

I know, but space is limited and I would only want a couple smaller tangs, fox face, mandarin etc. Who knows though!

Back on topic, OP maybe a mimic tang or white tail bristle tooth?

I know, but space is limited and I would only want a couple smaller tangs, fox face, mandarin etc. Who knows though!

Back on topic, OP maybe a mimic tang or white tail bristle tooth?

With this size tank he can do much bigger, powder brown, white cheek. Stuff like that.

Love your list of fish, espeically the long nose hawkfish. I almost bought 1 the other day but the wife wanted the coral beauty

By far the best I've seen for the price is kessil, just have to decide if I want programmable or just adjustable. The hawk fish I see are just so cool, sitting there watching everything. But you can't go wrong with coral beauty either. I had one in my 75 but my blue hippo killed it and my potters angel before I could rehome the tang

Sidebar by the time I get it all in from new and from my 75 I should have almost 250# of all live rock. Driller, cut, and vinyl all-thread dowels to keep it together.

With this size tank he can do much bigger, powder brown, white cheek. Stuff like that.

They're all roughly the same size as adults, around 8". I know the mimic tang needs a 125 minimum. The bristle tooth on the other hand would be fine is something slightly smaller. I agree though that the ones you stated will work as well. I particularly like the white cheek.

They're all roughly the same size as adults, around 8". I know the mimic tang needs a 125 minimum. The bristle tooth on the other hand would be fine is something slightly smaller. I agree though that the ones you stated will work as well. I particularly like the white cheek.

Agreed, i love the white cheeks, if i were to get somthing this big i would def get a white cheek.

All the tangs say they don't get along well together, would the yellow and white cheek be compatible?

Wife likes the kole tang. Maybe that and yellow together

All ready for bottom, outer paneling then doors

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131214_191148.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131214_191148.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 113
So I was at my LFS yesterday, saw the most awesome clown fish.... Frostbite. I will be having these with a carpet nem in the 125. Can I put 2 different pairs in a 125?

I wouldnt, and that comes from direct experience. I had a pair of orange oscellaris and a pair of b&w's and they were fine for several months, even sleeping together. BUT one day out of the blue the orange ones I think it was decided they wanted the other pair dead. They beat up that pair horribly and within a few hours I had to move one pair out to save them. They were barely moving and hiding behind my thermometer, I felt horrible. And this was also in a 6 foot 125g.

Some people say its fine but for the most part people dont have success. Kinda stinks cause there are soo many different types of clowns that you want more than one pair! LOL

Understandable. Maybe I'll just get my frostbites then talk my wife into upgrading her tank sooner lol

Time to update. Got my skin on the sides of the stand, added my trim top and bottom. Just need to trim out around the opening and I'll be ready for stain! Here are some pictures. I may start building custom stands for sale as a hobby. This is fun!

ForumRunner_20131228_170846.jpg

ForumRunner_20131228_170855.jpg

ForumRunner_20131228_170906.jpg

ForumRunner_20131228_170939.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131228_170836.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131228_170836.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 83
I also just had to separate my occ and b&w clowns in my 125. I put the smaller b&w'a in first for several weeks, then the orange ones. They were fine for about a week, then the aggression started.

Back
Top Bottom