125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wellll then. In an attempt to get back to the thread topic, t-minus 1 day! Till the new aquarium is here. All live rock is bleached/scrubbed/soaked/cleaned/resoaked/dried out... Glass tops have been re-united (together at last!!!) and i crushed a **** bio-wheel (wtf) oh and not to mention i stress tested my koralias for 12 hours (whoops). Apparently my utility tub decided to drain itself dry and my powerheads ran non stop bone dry. Talk about a good selling point.

Oh and one of the many lovely benefits from working at the LFS is that i get to seed my base rock in our purple coralline aquaculture tanks!! (plus a 20% discount on supplies and fishies)

Anybody attempt Kessil LED setups? Im reallly interested in their a1500w series lights but im not too sure

My dentist has a reef in his office with kessil led lights on there and he has quite alot of good looking corals in it! I think he has three not sure if it's the 1000s or 1500s though and they are on a fifty five!

Huma, I just gotta know. How on earth did you find a 125 so easily? I'm just north of you and I look and watch craigslist/penswoods and have only come up with people thinking their 55 setups are worth thousands lol.

Sniper, if your looking for 125s, just make sure CL is set to pittsburgh, then search every known moniker or a tank (tank,aquarium, fish tank, etc) youll find them, they are pretty common. My personal tank wa a warranty replacement. On an even more amazing note, my new tank came in a day early!! Now i gotta stare at it for a day while im working before i can take it home lol

Although id love to say that all of its mine... Its sadly not. Just the tank. Got it up my steps and ono my porch... Now its just to get the old tank down off the stand, out of the way, and get the new tank on.. By myself, oh and move the stand and switch the bulkheads over

Well new tank is home and relaxing on the front porch ( lmao), fittings, bulkheads, hoses have been stripped off the old tank, decided that instead of actually building a stand from scratch ( because i have absolutely no faith in this old stand now) im going to build the livingroom wall out and around it, so it appears as though its sitting in the wall. Gonna even use the white wooden trim to cover up the black frame on the tank.. Its gonna take awhile to get it completely done, but its gonna look insane. First pic is from the couch, well where it sits as of now. Notice the mid-level white wall trim? Thats where the bottom of the tank will sit. Got everything sorted out in my head, just need to figure out what to do about access panels .. Second pic is of the overclearance ill need to cover up. Im thinking a maroon/ purplish paint on the walls with a light natural wood to frame out the tank and access doors. Need opinions an dont be afraid to be honest

Attachments

• image-2836891347.jpg
    image-2836891347.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 249
  • image-3911473350.jpg
    image-3911473350.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 243
Bright house!!! Lol.. Y not put it on the wall to the right? Inside the cut?

I would do that kio but its a tad bit short and itll prob look akward. It is gonna be a ton of work but itlll be worth it

Back
Top Bottom