125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
Everyone say hi to Dumbo, Dumbo say hi to everyone. (yes we name our fish, hate me for it lol) the manager at my lfs was extremely understanding and actually replaced him. Wasnt expecting it o go so smoothly but it did:) hes currently in the tank and has wuickly made friends with the clown. So we now have teams.
Team damsels and team trigger/clown

That's awesome!!!' That's it! I'm going to see about getting a bigger tank after the holidays and getting my stupid flooring inspected! Yeah!' You are up and running again!

Cool that they replaced him. My LFS does the same. I went in there today, and he said he had a spotted grouper in to replace mine. I said I have a thing about getting the same thing twice, that replacements seem to have the same fate. So I asked him about the red coris, told him I really liked it, and it was mine! My LFS is the best! Best staff!

He's a cool looking fish!! That's great that they replaced him!! And he's already made a friend!! :) got any pics of them together?

Beengirl said:
He's a cool looking fish!! That's great that they replaced him!! And he's already made a friend!! :) got any pics of them together?

Why yes i do actually lol. I somehow managed to burn out 1 of my whites the other day so dont mind the crappy lighting.

The second pic is from the side looking down the length of the tank.
Third pic is front the front looking back into the corner where the trigger and clown are. The reason i took the second 2 pics is because i wanted to witness firsthand the "polishing" capabilities of charcoal. Those will be the before pics. Im gonna grab the same exact pics tomorrow morning (12 hours) and tom night (24) to get a good idea of if its working or not. My weapon of choice is an emperor 400 bio-wheel filter stuffed full of activated charcoal as stage 1 and filter floss as stage 2. So we shall see soon enough if it really works

Attachments

• image-1094492552.jpg
    image-1094492552.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2564285326.jpg
    image-2564285326.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1012042392.jpg
    image-1012042392.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 97
So cute!! Everybody needs a friend, right? Good luck on your carbon experiment, and BTW, I found that Chemipure cleared my water better than regular carbon. Just throwing my 2 cents in there. ;)

Well as you can see, the carbon seems to be working quite well. I may be a carbon convert. Its amazing how clear the water is even after 10-11 hours.

Attachments

• image-2395597186.jpg
    image-2395597186.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image-418789050.jpg
    image-418789050.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2343072282.jpg
    image-2343072282.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2920613769.jpg
    image-2920613769.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 141
Beengirl, yes, Chemipure is heaven sent!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A pic my old lady snagged. These two are inseparable. Tey constantly stick together

Attachments

• image-2486702271.jpg
    image-2486702271.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 114
huma-huma said:
A pic my old lady snagged. These two are inseparable. Tey constantly stick together

That's adorable!!!! They look like they're having a conversation!! Lol

Got all four bulkheads in and secured. Have both drains and the right side return temporarily hooked up. ( wanted to test the line lock jet nozzles) is there anyway to quiet down the drain tubes?

Herbie overflow style?? Hmm i think thats what imma do considering my tank has just enough tilt to it that its not really using the keft sidedrain. I mean it is but i would need to throttle my drain closed a hair to let the tank raise up enough

if you have any questions ill help best i can and bulk reef supply has a good vid or two about it when they where doing the "how to" set up a saltwater reef vids.

Ahh thank you sir. So now i understand it!! I woukd just need to take that annoying top off my drainpipe, install rigid piping complete with quick releases and valve, then start a full syphon

See my dilema is that i can technically fill the tank high enough to get both overflows running, but my temp return pump isnt strong enough to supply 2 overflows

See my dilema is that i can technically fill the tank high enough to get both overflows running, but my temp return pump isnt strong enough to supply 2 overflows

then it makes this method work for you. by having a pump that returns slower than you can drain is great and preferred . so long as the drain that does not have the valve is above your full siphon line but below where your tank will overflow for safety should a snail or something further block the flow through your main drain.

make sense?

Back
Top Bottom