130 gal reef project.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look what came in the mail today!

img_1093713_0_512e847017ea7226ae7a016f1dea4d74.jpg

I couldnt resist setting it up, even though Im no where near ready to sit it in the sump.

img_1093713_1_0ebc3a7df3f520dba9ebaef56d2da3c3.jpg

Following...also, pre-stain conditioner works great, if not too late :) Fish - not know so much, Wood - know enough to get me hurt :D

Thanks guys. I already applied a coat of stain that Iam trying to get rid of. I was told to use a two part hydrogen peroxide solution but I cant find it ANYWHERE. I did buy the pre stain conditioner for next time.

Awesome! I have the old model NW 200. Yours looks sooooo much better. I love that semi funnel body shape.

Wanna trade? I got a nice, broken in, fully modded Octo. ;)

Lol, I almost didnt see that message at the bottom. I think Iam happy with my new toy:D

So I had been meaning to measure the distance between where the mh lamp will be and the water I knew it was going to be close but not this close. With my short canopy I will only have 3.5 inches. I think iam goign to have to build another canopy. How much room should I have between the lights and the water?

Thanks guys. I already applied a coat of stain that Iam trying to get rid of. I was told to use a two part hydrogen peroxide solution but I cant find it ANYWHERE. I did buy the pre stain conditioner for next time.

Another thing that works but isnt as effective is just standard chlorine bleach, this isnt very strong so it might not work. but you brush it on and if you put it in the sun it helps too. let it soak for ~15 mins if the stain is still there apply more bleach. if its still there after three coats you need a stronger bleach. if the stain is gone let the bleach dry and then apply a solution that has equal portions of water and white vinegar that you use to rinse the bleach off and neutralize it. hope this helps, any comercial paint shop should have the stronger bleaches. they might not call is hydrogen peroxide just tell them what you are trying to do and they should have the stuff for it.

One more thing if your stand is oak. when you rinse it off be sure to keep it away from any type of iron while it dries. the iron will stain the wood black.

Hope this makes sense.

Sorry I havent updated in awhile, been completely rebuilding stand and canopy..pics soon.

Now Im lookin at some Koralias, Deciding between the evolution 750ghp and koralia 3 950gph. I will have 2 on each side and one near the bottom to eliminate dead spots. Just wanted to get opinions on which model I should get.

I want to get some opinions on my sump design before I make it final. Please be critical. I want it to work..:D

First section on the right is where the water comes from the display, and the skimmer is in that section.

Second section is a fuge with some macro algae/ LR rubble

Third section after the bubble trap is the return pump.

Let me know what you think particularly with the hieght of my sections. This is a 75 Gallon tank that Iam using to make it.

Attachments

• SUMP.jpg
    SUMP.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 68
The only thing I see is the last section with the pump is pretty small and that's where evaporation will drop the water level with the baffles configured that way. Probably won't be a problem as long as you have an ATO setup.

I wasnt planning on an ATO right away, but eventually. Maybe I will decrease the fuge by a couple of inches to compensate. How do you feel about the height of the sections?

Baffles heights look fine. I assume your drawing is a little off scale. :) The skimmer should sit in 6"-8" of water, so just make sure you build the stand in the sump tall enough for it.

It looks to me that your baffles are the in the wrong order,you need the first baffle with water intake at the bottom not the top(gap at bottom of baffle)
to stop micro bubbles from entering,bubbles rise!,+ personally I would have the baffles directly after the skimmer section

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom