14 gal Betta/Cory tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieMomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 12 year-old has a 5 gal hexagon tank with a Betta and four black neon tetras.

Since I decided to get a QT, he has generously offered his set-up for me. In return he gets a bigger set-up from Petco. So I got a complete Aqueon 14 gal set up on sale for $50, reg price $89.

My 55 gal is having issues at the moment but his 5 gal is fine, properly fishless cycled and all. So we'll fishless cycle the new 14 seeded with stuff from his 5 and then move the Betta and the 4 tetras in when it's ready. I'll use clean out the rocks from the 5 and use it for a QT. Eventually, he wants to add 5 or 6 Cories to the 14.

Question is, will the Betta, 4 tetras, and 6 Cories be too much for the tank?

Anyway, as directed in the fishless cycle threads, the 14 is currently filled with untreated tap water. Tomorrow morning we'll check for leaks and the temp of the water and if all is well, add plants, decor, and filter "gunk" from the 5 to seed the 14.

Always open to suggestions and critiques.

His 5 gal is on the left and the set-up 14 gal is on the right.

Attachments

• image-1890423234.jpg
    image-1890423234.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1205356094.jpg
    image-1205356094.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 65
Well I would add at least 2 tetras so they have a complete school and I would only do pygmy cories in that tank.

Thanks, Josh. I hadn't thought of pygmy Cories but a school of those might work quite well. I did a quickie Internet search and they sound the right size.

The guy at the chain pet store td us 5-6 Cories. I should have known that was too many from the source alone.

It's fine a lot of these places say 1-5 gallons is fine for normal corys they need a minimum of a 24 inch tank IMO.

Back
Top Bottom