14 gallon reef tank making progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks!

It had been sitting in the same spot for almost 2 weeks. I rearranged some corals yesterday and she's on the move today, nearly on top of one of my corals. Should I move corals out of its way until it settled in its new spot or will it go around them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's completely up to the nem. I would move the corals if its not to much trouble.

Nem seems to have settled, just above where she was in a hole in the rock. Had to move around some things to clear her space which basically undid most of my work earlier this week. It is very close to my leptastrea so may have to move that one too, so far it hasn't seemed bothered. Here are some different angles of the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It looks comfy in the photo. They usually seem to like it where the sand meets the rock but usually when a nem finds a good little hole to put it's foot in they will usually stay there IME.

Well funny about yours moving. My original white yellow edged one got moved to the size upgrade tank and was attached to a stone. Well I put it in alcove and when I got back it moved down so harder to see now (bummer). Mine liked the spots I had put them because they were in a covered area/under a ledge. I was hoping it would stay so I could see it, it is about 6 inches across when it isn't all folded in under a rock.

But I would move stuff. Yours looks very happy now. I have "orders" for 4 of these guys this week, I am hoping they come. I should know by tomorrow evening. They are so awesome!

Well funny about yours moving. My original white yellow edged one got moved to the size upgrade tank and was attached to a stone. Well I put it in alcove and when I got back it moved down so harder to see now (bummer). Mine liked the spots I had put them because they were in a covered area/under a ledge. I was hoping it would stay so I could see it, it is about 6 inches across when it isn't all folded in under a rock.

But I would move stuff. Yours looks very happy now. I have "orders" for 4 of these guys this week, I am hoping they come. I should know by tomorrow evening. They are so awesome!

My yellowish one is kind of on the move too, just more slowly and I fear it's trying to squeeze behind rocks where I won't be able to get to it. Hope yours comes back out, maybe it's just recovering from the move and will settle in then find a happy spot. I'm so jealous that you have 4 more coming!! Did you order through your LFS or online? Post pics when you get them in!!!

My yellowish one is kind of on the move too, just more slowly and I fear it's trying to squeeze behind rocks where I won't be able to get to it. Hope yours comes back out, maybe it's just recovering from the move and will settle in then find a happy spot. I'm so jealous that you have 4 more coming!! Did you order through your LFS or online? Post pics when you get them in!!!

REQUESTED the orders, so far for this week 2 stores 0 received
Was working and missed the call to the other store.

They are ~$10-15 from one source that had 0 this week and ~$20 from the other source. I just figured I would ask for some and always could say I already have that color if I don't want it, AND maybe I will get lucky with something extraordinary. ;) I am SO hoping, lol All the other stores are around $60-70.

The White frilly (kinda sometimes has a bit of yellow not really so much right now) one moved over to a different bunch of rocks after the sand storm cloud of changing tanks. (it is mostly clear now, not just right yet need to clean the filter out :) )

REQUESTED the orders, so far for this week 2 stores 0 received

Was working and missed the call to the other store.

They are ~$10-15 from one source that had 0 this week and ~$20 from the other source. I just figured I would ask for some and always could say I already have that color if I don't want it, AND maybe I will get lucky with something extraordinary. ;) I am SO hoping, lol All the other stores are around $60-70.

The White frilly (kinda sometimes has a bit of yellow not really so much right now) one moved over to a different bunch of rocks after the sand storm cloud of changing tanks. (it is mostly clear now, not just right yet need to clean the filter out :) )

Good luck!! Can't wait to see, 10-20 is a GREAT price. I started a rock flower nem thread, if you find it please post your pictures there too. I love pictures! And I'm hoping to hear peoples success stories, learn from any miss steps others have had, and of course see lots of photos. One of mine is really thriving, the other alternates from looking really good to kind of looking sickly. It ate another decent size piece if shrimp today and has looked great since then.

Small photo dump of some tank inhabitants I haven't given much credit to.

Purple/green favia has over grown the plug and is growing over the rock now!

Monti cap has grown and started plating. It started as a small rectangle and is a pretty neonish green color even though this picture doesn't show it well. Also, the red monti, I thought was a plate but turn out to be an encrusting has been growing like crazy. I was hoping to have them swirl, oh well, I guess I'll see what they do together now.

My duncan has gone from 3 to upwards of 11 heads, I'm going to need a bigger tank for this one only if it keeps growing at this rate!

That Favia is nice! I love Montis mine are looking meh for the most part right now. One frag is great but the others are just not liking their light.

On your Duncan, are you feeding it? Feeding the tank? (Mine is getting a new head where one was fragged off, so it is doing OK but not really thriving)

That Favia is nice! I love Montis mine are looking meh for the most part right now. One frag is great but the others are just not liking their light.

On your Duncan, are you feeding it? Feeding the tank? (Mine is getting a new head where one was fragged off, so it is doing OK but not really thriving)

My duncan will typically grab some food when I'm feeding the fish, at least a couple heads almost every time (alternating between mysis, cyclopeeze, and roe). I once or twice a week turn the pump off and target feed some of my LPS and rock flowers.

I got my hammer a few months after my duncan, started with one head and now have 4. I think I'm going to need more space and soon, just have to figure out the funding for a big build.

Sad day, my green clown goby took the plunge. I never saw him eat, even if I turned the power heads off and showered him with food he just sat there and watched it float by. He only ventured out of his spot two days, other than that he sat completely still for the 4 weeks I had him. I'm actually surprised he made it that long, I was hoping he was eating when I wasn't looking and would make a come back.

Other tank update. I picked up these acans earlier this week.

It's been three weeks since the baby RFAs arrived and I still have three that I have been able to keep track of and even successfully target feed a couple times. I think they are beginning to show some pigment, though still faint. This is a pic of the same one on the first day and then Today, 3 weeks old.

And some unknown zoa freebies that came in some live sand I got to seed my pod tank. I saw a clump tumbling around and thought it looked like closed zoas and they were! Glued them to a plug and stuck them in my tank thank you very much ?. Took them a couple days to bounce back from being buried in the sand, but they look great now!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't know what sort of awesome place your luck comes from, but can I have a bit?

Sorry 'bout your goby - to others, they're "only fish", but if you are anything like me, it's more than that...

Allison

Freshwater fish-head for more than 20 years now, but salt water newbie.

I don't know what sort of awesome place your luck comes from, but can I have a bit?

Sorry 'bout your goby - to others, they're "only fish", but if you are anything like me, it's more than that...

Allison

Freshwater fish-head for more than 20 years now, but salt water newbie.

I don't know, but I'll take freebies anytime!! :) I almost feel like I should go back and pay him for karma's sake.

The Zoas are maybe Radioactive Dragon Eyes. Nice deal - free with sand, lol.

That is a really great colored Acan.

Sorry to hear about your Goby. I had a Blenny readily ate foods I dropped in (as well as pods in the cycled tank) and he died. There are many things we don't know about before we even get the little critters. Best of luck for the future decisions. Maybe make sure he eats in the store first.

Of course you know how much I love your and my RFA's, lol. That is really exciting about the baby maybe coloring up.

Stressful morning with the tank. The yellow RFA that has been looking sickly off and on went on the move the other day and yesterday went under a cave of one of my base rocks. I shined a flashlight in this morning to see if it was moving closer to coming out and it looked really mushy from what I could tell so I decided to take all the rocks out to get to it because I've heard they can poison the tank when they die. It was unfortunately dead so I scooped it out and did a large water change. Everything is back in and looking good, other than being a little stressed from being taken in and out of the tank and a few things are just on the sand bed I need to glue back on the rocks. So hopefully the RFA death won't wipe out the tank. All the moving around upset my red RFA and she's on the move now too. We had to leave for lunch with the inlaws so we'll see where she ends up when I get home. I also plan on testing all parameters when I get home too. I think it was on the downhill ever since I bought it, it was never as active or responsive as my red one and would close up in a wilty looking ball a lot.

I took this chance to scare out and catch my mystery crab and put it in the pod tank. I also found my hairy mushroom under a rock, it went missing after I took it off my blastos a couple weeks back. So I guess two good things came from this.

Back
Top Bottom