14 gallon reef tank making progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a new firefish yesterday but it's being shy and only came during the night and is back in the cave today. I did see her come to the front of the cave to grab some food this morning. Hopefully since she's the only fish in the tank right now she will get comfortable and start hanging out in sight pretty fast. They also said my calcium and alk were low so I got the Reef Fusion calcium/alk supplements to dose. I think that may be why my chalice has be receding, hope the dosing helps. I moved some things around in the tank today too. Some updated FTS from each side.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428255866.901798.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428255888.967569.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428255907.667682.jpg

Here's the new fish in the middle of the night, all I can get for now.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428256202.986459.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looking good! Your firefish will soon come out, mine is always out now!

Thanks! I hope so! Yours is so cute. Is it a purple firefish? I went in wanting one but they only had the red tail ones and I was tired of looking at an empty tank. When I looked more closely she had a pretty purple stripe down her head and purple freckles on her face so I went with her. I asked them to try to get a yellow banded possum wrasse for me next. I'm going for all peaceful tank mates this go round.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428267465.094304.jpg I posted this in ID forum too. Found this behind a rock that I spotted strange legs in earlier today, can't tell if this is a dead crab or a molt. When I saw the legs in the rock they were definitely moving/alive. Any idea what kind of crab this is? I never brought this home on purpose.

My firefish came out today when the powered heads were off. It's hiding again now that they are back on but not before I snapped some pictures! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428435979.294455.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428436008.027652.jpg

We have a new little buddy in the tank, he looks pretty grumpy though. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428784081.682054.jpg

Our firefish is getting more comfortable and coming out more often which is cool. I'm amazed at how quick she can dart back in the cave, it looks like she just disappears into thin air (or water I guess, lol)

I love how grumpy clown gobies look, in fact I called my last one "mr grumpy" :D. Fire fish looks good too, nice and healthy.

Ha! I've decided to call him Oscar the grouch. And my firefish is Tuna (as in chicken of the sea since she is constantly darting back in the cave).

Ha! I've decided to call him Oscar the grouch. And my firefish is Tuna (as in chicken of the sea since she is constantly darting back in the cave).

Haha, they are dart fish so it must be in their genes ;)

I got a little home for my sexy shrimp today, a rock flower nem. It is still slowly moving on the rock to find it's happy place (which I hope will be somewhere in good viewing) but the shrimp already found it! I'd like to get a nice ultra colored one sometime but this was all my LFS had today so I'll have to save up to order one. It does have a nice fluorescence around the edge and I love the shape, looks like an actual flower which is another of my hobbies ?. It's not the best pic with just actinic lights on but here they are.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429053620.508787.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429145174.737860.jpg
A bit of a better picture of the RFA, but it has settled on an under hang so not a very good view and hard to get a good pic.

Thanks Autumn, I really want an ultra sometime soon. Since I've starting researching them I have seen some pretty incredible ones and some people have RFA dominant tanks that are just gorgeous! Hope mine is ok, this morning it was struggling to expel what I guess was waste and it was all but hanging by a thread from the rock. I gently held my hand under the foot until it released. I moved it to the sand bed at the base of a rock, it finally released the waste and looks okay, but hasn't moved much.

OMG, I want this!! Ebay for $100 + $50 shipping :( can't afford that now but someday, maybe bday or Christmas gift.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429232594.884277.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom