15 gal tall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibberwatt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just started a fished cycling of my new 15 tall - one angel and 5 neon tetras, one of which looks pretty sick. It will get better. Anywho, I am wondering how many tetras I could safely put in this tank, and if I got larger tetras, would they protect the neons from the angel?

Would it help if I said that I have a plant in this tank, and was planning on a lot more?

Thanks

No. Neons are prey. Anglefish are carnivorus. Neons are not very smart they live on instinct which is to school and survive with numbers. Put alot more tetras in there if you want to keep both fish because there is safety in numbers. Otherwise remove the neons or the angle. I would remove the angel. First because a 15 gallon tank is to small for them. Second they are social fish put them in like a 25 gallon with more than one angel in it.

I actually have a 15 tall and was thinking about different stocking ideas as well. I think i will put in 5+ Tetras with three Dwarf Gouramis. So if you do decide to take out your angel then the gouramis could be an alternative

No. Neons are prey. Anglefish are carnivorus. Neons are not very smart they live on instinct which is to school and survive with numbers. Put alot more tetras in there if you want to keep both fish because there is safety in numbers. Otherwise remove the neons or the angle. I would remove the angel. First because a 15 gallon tank is to small for them. Second they are social fish put them in like a 25 gallon with more than one angel in it.

I can't remove the angel or the tetras. This is because in my other aquarium, I have an angel who enjoys eating neons, and beating up this angel fish so badly that he gets a hole in his side and my dad starts calling him scarface. I will get some more tetras though. Do you think lemon/black combos would work?

I have cogitated for a few minutes, and come to a question: could I put the neons back in with the angel who ate them, it they had some lemon and black tetra friends? Or would the bad angel just eat the ones who could fit in his mouth?

thanks

That angel is going to torture whatever is in the tank with him/her, tanks to small and the fish will be miserable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Right now, that angel is recovering from having his scales ripped out and his tail/fins shredded. He isn't going to torture anyone. He was just tortured.

Right now, that angel is recovering from having his scales ripped out and his tail/fins shredded. He isn't going to torture anyone. He was just tortured.

Ohhkayyy, cichlids go hard..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom