1st time Cycle stuck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would leave it alone until Saturday and then see what you have.

ok thanks guys, after I took the picture the nitrates seemed to get a bit darker tbh. So im hoping that its gona go.

Will check again at the w/e and let you guys know. thanks for sticking in there w/me on this (y)(y)

woow ... am I done !! :hide:

1st pic was Thursday night, the last 2 are from tonight, so i've gone from 2ppm ammo to 80ppm nitrates in 48 hours?

What do you think Dalto/guys.. holding my breath here and going as blue as those trites.. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0715.JPG
    IMG_0715.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 49
Looks like you are getting close. You should dose ammonia again and see how long it takes to get to 0 nitrites.

Also, I don't think that is 80ppm nitrates. Looks more like 30ppm to me but it can be hard to tell from the picture. You have to look at the hue more than the darkness of the color if that makes any sense.

Looks like you are getting close. You should dose ammonia again and see how long it takes to get to 0 nitrites.

Also, I don't think that is 80ppm nitrates. Looks more like 30ppm to me but it can be hard to tell from the picture. You have to look at the hue more than the darkness of the color if that makes any sense.

Yeah u could be right about the 30ppm, what's expected for 2ppm of ammo conversion?
I will dose in a minute and test Sunday . Thanks Dalto..

Definitely dose back up to 2ppm. If it takes 24 hrs or less to go to 0 ammo, 0 trites, high trates then you are done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ohh man im at 22 hrs since the dose and it looks like I have a little ammo to go and the nitrites. nitrates look darker, but I guess I will check again in the morning?? thought I was there for a moment .. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 42
You are getting there. How long did it take you to turn the trites to 0 last time?

It sounds like you are really close. I was able to turn the ammonia and nitrites to 0 24 hrs after it took 48 hrs. (Dosed up to 2ppm)

at least yours is moving. I added ammonia 2 weeks ago now and it has stayed the same. Im getting bored, lol.

Thanks guys, yeah I think its going to be a 48hr total turn around ..

Dalto/guys
I just took tests again this morning and the ammo is gone completely and the nitrites seem to be getting lighter, trates getting darker..

So if it take 48 hrs for the ammo to get to nitrates is that ok? I thought it had to be done in 24 hrs?

or are you guys saying that its good if it takes ammo 2ppm to 0 in 24, then another 48hr for the nitrites to get to 0 after that point?

Here are this mornings results

Attachments

• IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 42
If it takes you 48 hours to get 0-0-high then dose back up to 2ppm. You are very close to having 0-0-high in 24 hours or less imo

Yep, you should be close now. Within a week at the most I would guess.

Yep, you should be close now. Within a week at the most I would guess.

So I just tested .. 0 ammo, .25 nitrites and 30 to 40 nitrates, so I'm thinking I will be 0, 0, 40'ish.
What's my next move if that turns out to be the case tomorrow?
Will I have to do another cycle test? Or should I be good to go?

Thanks sir!!

If it takes you 48 hours to get 0-0-high then dose back up to 2ppm. You are very close to having 0-0-high in 24 hours or less imo

Thx dude I hope so, wanted to get fish this w/e. Would like to plan going out next w/e ..

You should keep dosing until you can get to 0,0 in 24 hours.

You should keep dosing until you can get to 0,0 in 24 hours.

ok thanks Dalto. will dose again if its 0,0 tonight. Do I have to do a wc to bring the nitrates down at all before I dose again? or just let it go?

I just let mine go. I did pwc to bring trites down but since they are coming down on their own you should be good

I just let mine go. I did pwc to bring trites down but since they are coming down on their own you should be good

it was nitrates not nitrites I was wondering about.. :)

Back
Top Bottom