2 dead corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skenny

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today i woke up to 2 dead corys, ammonia .25-.5 (believed to be due to the dead fish) no nitrite, 40ppm nitrate. Did a water change to remove ammonia. All other fish look quite healthy. I had noticed these corys acting strange for quite some time, such as lying on the bottom of the tank for a long time. Both of them also had some frayed fins, probably because of the other fish, But on one i noticed it before it died(still probably the other fish). I have guppies and tetras in the tank with them. my other 3 corys are swimming around as usual. what do you think may have caused this sudden death?

What sort of tetras do you have? How many? Some species can still be jerky to other fish sometimes.
Also, how often do you test water params? That ammo level seems a bit high for recently dead fish.

Well, i actually didn't have a chance to look at my tank yesterday so its possible they have been there since Thursday night. I test my water once a week. oh and 8 glowlight tetras, but i never see them bother them.

Well, i actually didn't have a chance to look at my tank yesterday so its possible they have been there since Thursday night. I test my water once a week. oh and 8 glowlight tetras, but i never see them bother them.
Ah, I see. Yeah, I have enver heard of glowlight tetras being anything but peaceful. Just checking.:)
The nitrate is a bit high too. I odn't have a good idea to offer though for their death, so all I can say is keep testing the water and keep up with the pwc. Make sure the trates and ammo get back down, watch the others for signs of disease, and if all go well, you can get some new ones. Sorry about the death though. Personally, I find unexplained death the most frustraing.

Back
Top Bottom