2 Spare 10 Gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJSerik

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I have two spare 10 gallons and wanted to know what I could do with them. I really want to try a Tiger Pistol/Goby, would that work and what would they need? Also, any other options?

Plenty of gobies could also look at Pygmy wrasses. It would be difficult but dwarf seahorse. Could maybe use one as a sump or refugium and the other as a display tank?

you can convert one into a sump, one into an invert only pico tank, a QT tank. if you're really up to the challenge, a frag system with one tank been the main tank and the other a sump

10 Gallon display with a 10 gallon sump would be what i did. Perfect for a goby and shrimp and the sump can hold everything to keep it out of the DT. (Heater, skimmer, etc.)

Do I have to drill the DT for a sump? I'd be doing this on a low budget, as I just finished most changes in my Biocube.

Don't have to you can buy an overflow unit but drilling is better

I think they're glass, I know they're both very old. Can you drill glass safely?

I think they're glass, I know they're both very old. Can you drill glass safely?

Yes. A decent drill and diamind hole bits. Get them off ebay for a good price. Drilling is the way to go IMO. Safer.

Look on YouTube they're are videos explain how to

I'm in the same boat as most that if you can drill you should. However, if you're really looking to be super low budget there are videos on the ol YouTube about making an overflow out of nothing but PVC. Super cheap and it looks pretty effective

http://youtu.be/65yVr7DiDls

Back
Top Bottom