20 gallon long stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiranhaSlayer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! I'm Piranha and I'm new here :) (well I've been lurking for a few weeks, lol) I just recently got a 20 gallon long tank which is currently cycling (freshwater).

I have a few live plants (DHG, one onion plant and a few aponogetons (I think? I got a few from bulbs, don't know what kind or anything but they're growing fine so whatever lol)) and have pool filter sand as the substrate.

Could anyone recommend me some pretty, peaceful tropical fish I could include in this aquarium? :)

PS: I have a betta (Henry :D) in an already established 5 gallon, should I move him to the larger tank or leave him in his "domain"? I read that male bettas can sometimes get along with community fish and sometimes otherwise. I would appreciate the advice ^_^

I would rather leave the beta in his tank and not take a risk of him killing all your other fish.
A large school of Harliquin rasboras are always good choice. So are threadfins rainbows, guppies, black skirt tetras, hatchetfish ( make sure you have a tight hood ), rummynose tetras, white cloud minnows, kuhli loaches, Cory catfish, dg, and many others.

Thanks for the reply! I like all of your suggestions, lol. And I decided to keep the betta in his tank, I think I'll get some ghost shrimp as well when the tank is fully cycled :)

Ummmm this is a 20g long tank. Not a 100g. Even 100g would be too small for 50 adult angels. And that would just be a waste of money.

Nah they'd be fine I've had a couple in a 5 gallon aquarium for 3 years now full size and they're happy as can be.

Just kidding, sorry I like to make jokes sometimes.

image-1295176336.jpg

Nah they'd be fine I've had a couple in a 5 gallon aquarium for 3 years now full size and they're happy as can be.

Just kidding, sorry I like to make jokes sometimes.

Ok lol. So you really don't have a couple of adults in a 5g? :p
I just knew you had to be joking to think of putting 50 angels in a 20g long....... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom