20 Gallon Stocking List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could you let me know what you think about your Forktails when you get them? I saw that site and it isn't as inviting to shop. However, it has been recommended by a couple people so I am curious what you think. I'm definitely more interested in impressive fish than I am finding the best deal (if that makes any sense).

I know what you mean. They also sell on eBay and Aquabid.

I got my first group from a seller on eBay, beautiful fish. I actually contacted them yesterday to see when they'd have more available. I can give you the user name if you're interested.

For now, let's see what your impression is with the batch you just ordered. If you've got to be critical about it just shoot me a PM.

For now, let's see what your impression is with the batch you just ordered. If you've got to be critical about it just shoot me a PM.

No problem. The only place I would never order from again is Arizona Aquatic Gardens. Great selection and prices but that's it. I won't even get into my experience, if you're interested just read the Yelp comments.

I find it interesting how commerce has changed (way off topic). I prefer to purchase in person and pay extra if need be. However, I don't find good shops around and really, buying directly from the breeder is probably the best option anyway.

WoW, I actually kept that simple... I could go on about that topic for hours.

Here is a picture of my tank in its current state. Plant identification would be great. I also notice algae growing and other things, so feel free to comment on anything you see.
Looks like cabomba,dhg,hc,rotala,and sword,hygro????

Fish?are?friends?not?food

Thank you, Chandlerlee13. I will cross reference those with other pictures online and with what I have in my tank. That will help me make sure I know what I've got next time someone asks.

Ok, now I feel like my tank is properly planted. Not 100% happy with were I put everything but I can adjust over time. However, I am new to the hobby and am completely open to constructive criticism, please feel free to comment as you see fit.

Getting close to cycled now as well. My NH3 is down to around 0.012 PPM (which is acceptable) but my nitrites are not under control yet. I'm planning on giving another couple weeks (about 6 weeks in) before I consider stocking anything. I'd like to see some stability first.

As accurate as I can, my plant list:

Salvinia
Water Sprite
Cabomba
Subwassertang Moss
Fissidens Noblis Moss
Dwarf Baby Tears
Dwarf Hair Grass
Bolbitis Heudeloti
Creeping Charlie
Pennywort
Rotalla
Ludwigia Repens
Hygrophila corymbosa
Chain Sword Narrow Leaf
Sword (of some kind)

And my current stocking wish list is:

9 Celestial Pearl Danio's
9 Forktail Blue Eye Rainbow
8 Pacific Blue Eye Rainbow
5 Otocinclus Catfish
10 Rili Shrimp (these will be last and may just get a dedicated tank instead)

Any additional feedback on my intended stocking list is also quite welcome.

Attachments

• Overview Entire Tank.jpg
    Overview Entire Tank.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 70
The only suggestion I'd make is to move the sword to the back somewhere as it will likely grow quite large and dominate too much of the foreground. Does the bolbitis have its rhizome exposed?

Sent from my iPad using science

Azmodan, good call on the Bolbitis. It actually came attached to a chunk of charcoal. I left it attached and just semi covered it with the soil. The Rhizome is exposed, however it is facing backward (thinking of rotating it so I can see it).

As for that huge sword, I honestly don't think I like it in the scape and am thinking about pulling it out. I have to do it now if I am going to do it cause its root system will go buck wild in there. I have the two smaller swords (those Narrow Leaf) and by taking that big one out you'll actually see the Ludwigia.

Wow, that's gorgeous (y)

Side note: I got my order from Wet Spot Tropical Fish yesterday, will never order fish from any other website. Went from 4 to 10 forktails, they look great in a larger group :D

Ok, I will have to take and post another pick. I pulled that big Sword, it just didn't fit the scape. I think it looks much better now.

Theresa, thank you for sharing your experience with Wet Spot. I will be purchasing from them now as well. Can't wait till I'm ready for fish!

Ok, I will have to take and post another pick. I pulled that big Sword, it just didn't fit the scape. I think it looks much better now.

Theresa, thank you for sharing your experience with Wet Spot. I will be purchasing from them now as well. Can't wait till I'm ready for fish!

No problem! There are the forktails just out of the shipping box, already good color:

img_3170570_0_03c90cecd1e7518923e3dd51036f92b9.jpg

Azmodan, good call on the Bolbitis. It actually came attached to a chunk of charcoal. I left it attached and just semi covered it with the soil. The Rhizome is exposed, however it is facing backward (thinking of rotating it so I can see it).

As for that huge sword, I honestly don't think I like it in the scape and am thinking about pulling it out. I have to do it now if I am going to do it cause its root system will go buck wild in there. I have the two smaller swords (those Narrow Leaf) and by taking that big one out you'll actually see the Ludwigia.

Good call on the sword. With your plant selection I don't think it would really fit with the rest of your plants. Looking forward to seeing this grow in.

Back
Top Bottom