20 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have albinos, peppered, false julii, and elegans. I like them all. But, you said your bf doesn't like the albinos. My ex didn't like them either, but I told him to deal with it. Lol.
Julii or panda are both pretty cute and they are some of the smaller ones.

Well I just did some digging and I found that I love the false bandit corys. I'm gonna have to buy them online but that's ok with me. I'll just make sure I can be home.

I was curious about the swordtail because I want a red velvet male and a me rigid male would that be a problem? Should I do a male and female of one color?

Well either way this my stock

1 dwarf gourami (male)
2 swordtail either one red velvet male and one marigold male or a male and female of one color.
6/8 cherry barbs
3 false bandit Cory's

IMO, 2 males should hopefully be fine. Sometimes males will bully each other, buit thats hard to predict since sometimes it happens and sometimes not. If you want a female, that would work too. Usually livebearers do best in a ratio of 1m/2-3f though. That might be a bit much for the tank though. The safest choice is to just stick with 1 male. If he is a chill one, you can always try to add another one later if you think is would work. Or, you can try 2 and just keep an eye on it. :)

If I do one male one female that should be ok though? I just like the males because of the long tail lol

It depends. Often male livebearers harass females too much and they can even stress them to death unless there are a few females to distribute the sexual attention between. Some females are fiesty enough to handle it. You cam always try it and see how it goes. :) I think 2 males has just as much of a chance of working out as 1 male and 1 female though. Up to you though. :)

Alright cool thanks. Once my cycling is done I'll have the start getting my stock.

Also can you recommend any websites that are good for ordering fish? The one site that had the false bandit Cory catfish sold them but are sold out :/

Back
Top Bottom