20 gallon tank stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neontetraking

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon tank with 6 neon tetras and I do nto know what else to put in it. PLease tell me you thoughts

Not too many actually, try to add 2 more neon tetras because they have different behavior in larger groups (minimum of 6 tetras per tank because of their nature)

You can add any bottom feeder fish that has the same water parameters to live in with your neons..you can actually make a neon tetra and zebra 20g tank, u can add a couple more neons if you want.

I dont want you to stick with im talking you look up on Google for bottom fedder fresh water tank, like catfish, loaches

Yes just make sure that the temperature is well checked cause they have different temperatures requirements

Both Pygmy corydoras and panda corydoras are a great size. They are super cute too. You could probably do a school of 6 in your tank.

Depending on filtration and your water changes, you have plenty of room if you only have six neons; their bioload is small. I'd say you could add 3-5 more. You'll get really pretty shoaling behavior. As suggested above, also consider small catfish such as pandas or cory habrosus. At least five, maybe seven if you get the habrosus. Just make sure you do regular filter maintenance and water changes. This should be fine.

The more biology u put in your tank, the more you need to keep checking the parameters (fish tanks)

Do not fight your tank, ok?
I did fight my tank for a long time and today it is my room TV hahahha I dont need to do a lot of water changes, clean the gravel of anything.

Try to bring harmony to your tank...

Imagina that, u have a 10g tank, not to big..so u want bottom feeders, crustaceans (to clean up poop and other stuff), snails for cleaning the glass and pretty much everything and some type of schooling fish to give it character and to check water quality (neon tetras are awesome water checkers - try to search on Google) and thats it, u have a whooooole big cleaning crew in your little paradise

Loving the Pygmy corydora idea, and never knew they even existed. We purchased 7 at a LFS over a year ago and we now have 20 schooling in a 75 gal planted, they're amazing!

Snails, cory cats, plecos, algae eaters etc*do*not*eat fish poop. Unless you have huge amounts of algae on everything in your*tank, you need to be feeding your "cleanup crew" as well. ...*Snails*and plecos also need veggies.
Nothing eats poop.

Back
Top Bottom